by Jasmin Ramsey
via IPS News
In the wake of a renewed diplomatic push on the Iranian nuclear front, shared interests in Iran’s backyard could pave the way for Washington and Tehran to work toward overcoming decades of hostility.
“I think that if Iran and the United States are able to [...]
by Peter Jenkins
For the last week the British government has given every sign of being in a dreadful muddle over how to react to the suspicion that chemical weapons (CW) were used in the suburbs of Damascus early on 21 August.
Two words that ought to have featured prominently in ministerial [...]
Recent comments about Iran by the top-ranking military officer in the US have been criticized by Israel and some Washington-based voices. On Sunday, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Martin Dempsey told CNN’s Fareed Zakaria that he’s been ”confronting” the question of whether Iran is rational since taking over Central Command in 2008. “We [...]
- Legal Recognition of East African Sign Languages Key Towards Inclusion
- Three Ways to End Gender-based Violence
- HIV Prevention: New Injection Could Boost the Fight, But Some Hurdles Remain
- Africa’s Processing Industry Holds Promise for Broader Economic Growth
- Putting Nature on a Quantifiable, Ambitious Path to Recovery
- Vaccine Refusal, Floods Impact Polio Drive in Pakistan
- Can Asia and the Pacific Get on Track to Net Zero?
- UN Assessed Contributions Needed to Generate Core Funding for Climate Loss & Damage
- AGRA Gets Make-Up, Not Make-Over
- Digital Human Rights Need to be Enshrined in Law