via Lobe Log
by Henry Precht
US-revolutionary Iran relations were born in the aftermath of a heavy snowstorm in Washington. I was in charge of the Iran Desk in the State Department and was due in the office at eight am. Almost nothing moved on the unplowed streets in my neighborhood and I had [...]
By Gary Sick
via IPS News
NEW YORK, Nov 26 2012 (IPS) - I have never read a book quite like this. “Becoming Enemies” is the latest product of the indispensable National Security Archive, the Washington non-profit that has given new meaning to the Freedom of Information Act.
They not only use their [...]
via Lobe Log
Classifying political leaders as either “hawks” or “doves” obscures an uncomfortable truth: that the real debate between political rivals is rarely whether to go to war but rather with whom.
Case in point: a man interred in Israel on Monday, former Prime Minister and terrorist/resistance fighter Yitzhak [...]
- Guess How Much Water Your Daily Food Consumes
- A Crisis of Overweight and Obesity in Latin America and the Caribbean
- Zambia’s Armyworm Outbreak: Is Climate Change to Blame?
- Harvesting Peace: How Rural Development Works for Conflict Prevention
- Please, Do Not Get Offended, But:
- 360 Million of 625 Million People Are Overweight in Latin America and Caribbean
- Sailing on Antiques
- Regional Solutions Key for Asia-pacific’s Transition to Sustainable Energy
- Why Polio Campaigns Must Reach Every Last Child in Kenya
- A Women’s March on the World