via Lobe Log
by Henry Precht
US-revolutionary Iran relations were born in the aftermath of a heavy snowstorm in Washington. I was in charge of the Iran Desk in the State Department and was due in the office at eight am. Almost nothing moved on the unplowed streets in my neighborhood and I had [...]
By Gary Sick
via IPS News
NEW YORK, Nov 26 2012 (IPS) - I have never read a book quite like this. “Becoming Enemies” is the latest product of the indispensable National Security Archive, the Washington non-profit that has given new meaning to the Freedom of Information Act.
They not only use their [...]
via Lobe Log
Classifying political leaders as either “hawks” or “doves” obscures an uncomfortable truth: that the real debate between political rivals is rarely whether to go to war but rather with whom.
Case in point: a man interred in Israel on Monday, former Prime Minister and terrorist/resistance fighter Yitzhak [...]
- Uncertainty Mars Potential for Peace in South Sudan
- First Acid Test for Peace in Colombia Will Be the Referendum
- Poverty Eradication Greatest Global Challenge, Say G77 Ministers
- South Sudan and Uganda’s Intertwined History of Violence
- AfDB Injects USD 1 Billion to End Youth Unemployment in Africa
- Unregulated Promotion of Mining in Malawi Brings Hazards and Hardships
- A Historic Day in Colombia
- What Does Leaving No One Behind Really Mean?
- Two years on, Peña Nieto cannot brush off Ayotzinapa stain
- Leading Towards a Better World?