via Lobe Log
by Henry Precht
US-revolutionary Iran relations were born in the aftermath of a heavy snowstorm in Washington. I was in charge of the Iran Desk in the State Department and was due in the office at eight am. Almost nothing moved on the unplowed streets in my neighborhood and I had [...]
By Gary Sick
via IPS News
NEW YORK, Nov 26 2012 (IPS) - I have never read a book quite like this. “Becoming Enemies” is the latest product of the indispensable National Security Archive, the Washington non-profit that has given new meaning to the Freedom of Information Act.
They not only use their [...]
via Lobe Log
Classifying political leaders as either “hawks” or “doves” obscures an uncomfortable truth: that the real debate between political rivals is rarely whether to go to war but rather with whom.
Case in point: a man interred in Israel on Monday, former Prime Minister and terrorist/resistance fighter Yitzhak [...]
- GDP and the Unaccounted for 82 Percent of National Wealth
- The Soil, Silent Ally Against Hunger in Latin America
- Uzbekistan Gears Up to Vote for Rubberstamp Parliament
- Changes to World Bank Safeguards Risk “Race to the Bottom”, U.N. Experts Warn
- The Day Anti-Castro Forces Tried to Bomb the U.N.
- U.S. Flag Can Be Seen Again in Cuba
- REDD and the Green Economy Continue to Undermine Rights
- Europe Dream Swept Away in Tripoli
- OPINION: Non-Violence and the Lost Message of Jesus
- After 53 Years, Obama to Normalise Ties with Cuba