via Lobe Log
by Henry Precht
US-revolutionary Iran relations were born in the aftermath of a heavy snowstorm in Washington. I was in charge of the Iran Desk in the State Department and was due in the office at eight am. Almost nothing moved on the unplowed streets in my neighborhood and I had [...]
By Gary Sick
via IPS News
NEW YORK, Nov 26 2012 (IPS) - I have never read a book quite like this. “Becoming Enemies” is the latest product of the indispensable National Security Archive, the Washington non-profit that has given new meaning to the Freedom of Information Act.
They not only use their [...]
via Lobe Log
Classifying political leaders as either “hawks” or “doves” obscures an uncomfortable truth: that the real debate between political rivals is rarely whether to go to war but rather with whom.
Case in point: a man interred in Israel on Monday, former Prime Minister and terrorist/resistance fighter Yitzhak [...]
- Bill to Fight Discrimination Against HIV-Positive Venezuelans
- Is Europe’s Breadbasket Up for Grabs?
- Israel Lobby Galvanises Support for Gaza War
- Oil Alliance Between China and Costa Rica Comes to Life Again
- Ticking Diplomatic Clock a Cover for Israeli Assaults on Gaza
- Under Water: The EPA’s Struggle to Combat Pollution
- OPINION: How to End the Gaza War
- Gas and Sun Light the Way for Energy Industry in El Salvador
- Somali Refugees Find an Unlikely Home … In Istanbul
- Trade Facilitation Will Support African Industrialisation