via Lobe Log
by Henry Precht
US-revolutionary Iran relations were born in the aftermath of a heavy snowstorm in Washington. I was in charge of the Iran Desk in the State Department and was due in the office at eight am. Almost nothing moved on the unplowed streets in my neighborhood and I had [...]
By Gary Sick
via IPS News
NEW YORK, Nov 26 2012 (IPS) - I have never read a book quite like this. “Becoming Enemies” is the latest product of the indispensable National Security Archive, the Washington non-profit that has given new meaning to the Freedom of Information Act.
They not only use their [...]
via Lobe Log
Classifying political leaders as either “hawks” or “doves” obscures an uncomfortable truth: that the real debate between political rivals is rarely whether to go to war but rather with whom.
Case in point: a man interred in Israel on Monday, former Prime Minister and terrorist/resistance fighter Yitzhak [...]
- U.S. Foreign Aid Approach Is Outdated, Experts Say
- Ostracised and Isolated: Muslim Prisoners in the U.S.
- South Sudan Dictates Media Coverage of Conflict
- COLUMN: Gabriel García Márquez, the Story-Teller of the Country of the War Without End
- Civil Society Wants More Influence in New Development Agenda
- U.S. Terror Suspects Face “Terrifying” Justice System
- Our Planet’s Future Is in the Hands of 58 People
- Sweet Dreams are Made of Rwandan Ice Cream
- Biofortified Tortillas to Provide Micronutrients in Latin America
- Uruguay Not a ‘Pirate’