via Lobe Log
by Henry Precht
US-revolutionary Iran relations were born in the aftermath of a heavy snowstorm in Washington. I was in charge of the Iran Desk in the State Department and was due in the office at eight am. Almost nothing moved on the unplowed streets in my neighborhood and I had [...]
By Gary Sick
via IPS News
NEW YORK, Nov 26 2012 (IPS) - I have never read a book quite like this. “Becoming Enemies” is the latest product of the indispensable National Security Archive, the Washington non-profit that has given new meaning to the Freedom of Information Act.
They not only use their [...]
via Lobe Log
Classifying political leaders as either “hawks” or “doves” obscures an uncomfortable truth: that the real debate between political rivals is rarely whether to go to war but rather with whom.
Case in point: a man interred in Israel on Monday, former Prime Minister and terrorist/resistance fighter Yitzhak [...]
- Panama and Nicaragua – Two Canals, One Shared Dream
- Union Islanders Wonder if Their Home Will Be the Next Atlantis
- Poor Bear the Brunt of Corruption in India’s Food Distribution System
- U.N. Remains Divided Over Domestic and State Terrorism
- A New Climate for Peace
- Opinion: BRICS for Building a New World Order?
- Perfecting Detection of the Bomb
- Toilets with Piped Music for Rich, Open Defecation on Rail Tracks for Poor
- Cuba: Blazing a Trail in the Fight Against HIV/AIDS
- China Hailed as Leader for New Climate Plan