via Lobe Log
by Henry Precht
US-revolutionary Iran relations were born in the aftermath of a heavy snowstorm in Washington. I was in charge of the Iran Desk in the State Department and was due in the office at eight am. Almost nothing moved on the unplowed streets in my neighborhood and I had [...]
By Gary Sick
via IPS News
NEW YORK, Nov 26 2012 (IPS) - I have never read a book quite like this. “Becoming Enemies” is the latest product of the indispensable National Security Archive, the Washington non-profit that has given new meaning to the Freedom of Information Act.
They not only use their [...]
via Lobe Log
Classifying political leaders as either “hawks” or “doves” obscures an uncomfortable truth: that the real debate between political rivals is rarely whether to go to war but rather with whom.
Case in point: a man interred in Israel on Monday, former Prime Minister and terrorist/resistance fighter Yitzhak [...]
- Opinion: The Sad Historical Consequences of the Greek Bailout
- Opinion: RIP Cecil the Lion. What Will Be His Legacy? And Who Decides?
- U.N. Panel Spotlights Plight of Refugees
- Belo Monte Dam Marks a Before and After for Energy Projects in Brazil
- ‘Ambassadors of Freedom’ – Palestine’s Resistance Babies
- Kenyan Pastoralists Fighting Climate Change Through Food Forests
- Even the Rich Have Not Harnessed Full Potential of Digital Economy
- Opinion: Hungry for Change, Achieving Food Security and Nutrition for All
- Birth Registrations Plummet in Wake of Ebola Epidemic
- Women, Peace and Security Agenda Still Hitting Glass Ceiling