via Lobe Log
by Henry Precht
US-revolutionary Iran relations were born in the aftermath of a heavy snowstorm in Washington. I was in charge of the Iran Desk in the State Department and was due in the office at eight am. Almost nothing moved on the unplowed streets in my neighborhood and I had [...]
By Gary Sick
via IPS News
NEW YORK, Nov 26 2012 (IPS) - I have never read a book quite like this. “Becoming Enemies” is the latest product of the indispensable National Security Archive, the Washington non-profit that has given new meaning to the Freedom of Information Act.
They not only use their [...]
via Lobe Log
Classifying political leaders as either “hawks” or “doves” obscures an uncomfortable truth: that the real debate between political rivals is rarely whether to go to war but rather with whom.
Case in point: a man interred in Israel on Monday, former Prime Minister and terrorist/resistance fighter Yitzhak [...]
- A Flood of Energy Projects Clash with Mexican Communities
- FILM: From Hamas Royalty to Israel’s Spy
- U.N. Climate Summit: Staged Parade or Reality Show?
- OPINION: Investing in Adolescent Girls for Africa’s Development
- ‘Breaking Silence’ on the Slave Trade
- Rattled by Russian Expansionism, Tashkent Looks East
- U.S. Bypasses Security Council on Impending Invasion of Syria
- OPINION: Say ‘No’ to War and Media Propaganda
- Salvadoran Farmers Stake Their Bets on Sustainable Development
- OPINION: Bishop Appeals to U.N. to Rescue Minorities in Northwestern Iraq