via Lobe Log
by Henry Precht
US-revolutionary Iran relations were born in the aftermath of a heavy snowstorm in Washington. I was in charge of the Iran Desk in the State Department and was due in the office at eight am. Almost nothing moved on the unplowed streets in my neighborhood and I had [...]
By Gary Sick
via IPS News
NEW YORK, Nov 26 2012 (IPS) - I have never read a book quite like this. “Becoming Enemies” is the latest product of the indispensable National Security Archive, the Washington non-profit that has given new meaning to the Freedom of Information Act.
They not only use their [...]
via Lobe Log
Classifying political leaders as either “hawks” or “doves” obscures an uncomfortable truth: that the real debate between political rivals is rarely whether to go to war but rather with whom.
Case in point: a man interred in Israel on Monday, former Prime Minister and terrorist/resistance fighter Yitzhak [...]
- Violence Against Women Journalists Threatens Media Freedom
- UN Predicts 40 Percent Water Shortfall by 2030
- How We Can Keep Press Freedom from Withering Away?While a free press means that a journalist has rights, it does not mean that she or he is right.
- A Tale of Twin States
- Democracy Under Construction
- Pakistani Deportees
- Why we need to stand united against governments cracking down on dissent
- Opinion: Increasing Productivity Key to Revive Growth and Support Sustainable Development in Asia and the Pacific
- In sight but out of mind
- Playing Ping Pong with Disability