via Lobe Log
The Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists is hosting an online discussion on Iran and International Atomic Energy Association (IAEA) compliance standard. Authors include Arms Control Law blogger Daniel Joyner, the Hudson Institute’s Christopher Ford, and Vertic’s executive director, Andreas Persbo. Last week, Joyner, a law professor at the University of [...]
Editor’s note: While nuclear weapons are no laughing matter, the extent to which hawkish policy-focused organizations propagate alarmism about the so-called Iranian threat is hysterical (case in point). That’s why Dr. Strangeseuss couldn’t resist writing a response to the Hudson Institute’s June 21st conference, “When Iran Gets the Bomb“, [...]
Reposted by arrangement with Think Progress
Neoconservative Hudson Institute pundit Lee Smith seems very upset with the Obama administration. Reacting to retired Defense Secretary Robert Gates’ comments, reported by Jeffrey Goldberg, that Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is an ungrateful ally, Smith wrote in the Weekly Standard that the [...]
For years, the Weekly Standard correspondent [...]
News and views on U.S.-Iran relations for February 18:
The Weekly Standard: Hudson Institute Visiting Fellow Lee Smith blogs on the Iranian plan to send two naval ships through the Suez Canal, and observes that the Iranians are conducting “a test, and not just for Egypt’s military regime.” “The Iranians are also [...]
Our IPS colleague Barbara Slavin has a piece up about the Obama administration’s tough tone against Iran in the wake of yet another crackdown on protests organized by the Green Movement.
Slavin hits on the tenor of administration officials’ comments, as well as the effort to boost Voice of America‘s public diplomacy bona fides as a [...]
News and views on U.S.-Iran relations for February 8:
The Washington Post: Jennifer Rubin blogs that, in Israel, “dissent is celebrated, not suppressed.” She bolsters this assertion by citing yesterday’s Herzliya Conference panel on Iran’s nuclear program, characterizing the panel as “arguments between those who see [Iran's] nuclear program as an existential threat [...]
- “Their Hope for a Brighter Future Inspires Us All”
- President Biden Refuses to Make our Climate Crisis Worse
- “Teach Us How to Become Carpenters” – South Sudanese Want to Shape Their Future
- Fiji’s Presidency of the Human Rights Council Brings Opportunity and Responsibility to the Pacific
- Protecting Mental Health of Families in a Pandemic
- Q&A: Why we Must Invest in Educating Children in Crisis-Hit Burkina Faso
- Personal Testimonies, Pledges Mark the Start of the ‘Fair Share to End Child Labour’ Campaign
- Biden’s Arms Control Ambitions are Welcome—but Delivering Them will not be Easy
- With a War-Mongering President Gone, is the World Safe from Nuclear Brinkmanship?
- Will Biden Administration Respond to the Treaty on Prohibition of Nuclear Weapons, End Threat of a Nuclear War & Bring Nuclear-armed States Together to Achieve Global Nuclear Disarmament?