News and Views Relevant to U.S.-Iran relations for August 9th, 2010:
The Washington Note: Steve Clemons says that the Israeli-Palestinian conflict has become a conflict that matters, “…far beyond the Israeli and Palestinian populations and is a screaming, right now challenge.” As the United States remains committed to remaking Afghanistan and Iraq the urgency [...]
Yale professor and prolific author David Bromwich takes some swipes at President Barack Obama’s war policies. Most of the piece on The Huffington Post is more generally on U.S. attitudes about war in the post-9/11 world, citing examples like the United States clinging to the Afghanistan War and across-the-board apathy about the Washington Post’s
The barks of pro-Israel media “watchdog” groups like CAMERA (Committee for Accuracy in Middle East Reporting in America), The Israel Project , and the meretriciously monikered website HonestReporting have echoed the Israeli government’s talking points about the Israeli navy’s attack on half a dozen civilian ships bringing aid to Gaza, in defiance of an Israeli blockade.
But if you’ve been looking to the so-called “liberal” media for more balanced coverage of the events as they’ve unfolded in the international waters off the Gaza coast, you’ve probably gotten thef yip-yap of a pro-Israel poodle.
- Nature Losses Threaten Emerging Economies
- When UN’s Cash Crisis Undermines Human Rights, Are the World’s Torturers the Key Beneficiaries?
- At the International Summit on Balanced & Inclusive Education: A Call to Transform Globally
- Experts laud International Court of Justice Order on Myanmar to Halt all Genocidal Conduct
- Am I Abused or Am I a Failure to Adjust? – A Migrant’s Story
- Top UN Court Orders Myanmar to Protect Rohingya from Genocide
- Blue Innovation in the Commonwealth
- Leprosy Re-emerges as a Global Health Challenge
- Tipping Point on Menstrual Banishment in Nepal
- UN Plans to Launch a “Decade of Action” to Deliver Development Goals by 2030