Earlier this month, the Heartland Alliance, a leading Midwest-based anti-poverty organization, released their annual poverty report about Illinois. Their findings are deeply troubling. Instead of mirroring the U.S. government’s rhetoric of recovery and job creation, the report shows an increase in joblessness, poverty, homeless youth, and the divide between rich and poor.
The numbers [...]
- Will Vision 2030 Usher the New Kingdom of Saud? – Part 1
- Migration Means Reinvention – Even to Olympian
- Robots, Unemployment … and Immigrants
- Latin America Focuses on Attacking Pockets of Rural Poverty
- A Crisis Deepens in Libya but Where Are the Cameras?
- Migrants and Refugees Must “Have the Right to Have Rights” Says Jazairy of Geneva Centre
- A Restructured African Development Bank Plans to Meet Economic Challenges Facing Continent
- Father of Palestine’s Icon: Everyone is Blaming my Daughter
- Rohingya Children Draw Their Dreams: And It Looks Like Home…
- Oxfam’s Sexual Abuse Episode Must Inspire a Culture Shift