Earlier this month, the Heartland Alliance, a leading Midwest-based anti-poverty organization, released their annual poverty report about Illinois. Their findings are deeply troubling. Instead of mirroring the U.S. government’s rhetoric of recovery and job creation, the report shows an increase in joblessness, poverty, homeless youth, and the divide between rich and poor.
The numbers [...]
- Ethnic Violence in Ethiopia Amid Shadowy Politics
- Belgian City of Mechelen Embraces Integration
- Lobbying & Sponsorships at COP23 Corrupted Climate Talks
- Who Are Kenya’s Financially Excluded?
- Turkish Surveillance Invades Social Media Privacy
- Desperate Need to Halt ‘World’s Largest Killer’ — Pollution
- Beyond Piketty: on income inequality
- UAE bears treatment costs of 88 injured Yemenis in Indian hospitals
- At Climate Summit, Two Global Energy Alliances Emerge
- The World is Losing the Battle Against Child Labour