As a sidebar to a piece Jim Lobe and I have up at IPS, we discussed a poll released in August by Shibley Telhami of the Brookings Institution and the Zogby International polling firm.
The media coverage of hostile remarks about Iran from some Gulf Arab leaders, among others, largely glazed over the autocratic [...]
For a piece on the IPS wire, Jim Lobe and I interviewed Chas Freeman, a career foreign service officer who served as Ambassador to Saudi Arabia and just released a new book, America’s Misadventures in the Middle East, on the recent history of the U.S. in the Middle East.
Our IPS colleague Gareth Porter has taken a careful look at the central tenet of the accusation that Iran’s nuclear program is aimed at creating weapons: that Iran did “studies” to see how to weaponize nuclear material in the war head of a missile. Porter found some inconsistencies between the missile design in the [...]
Our colleague Jim Lobe, the long-time D.C. bureau chief of Inter Press Service, has a piece up at IPS that goes over many of the latest developments on U.S.-Iran relations from this weekend and today. Included are the outburst of hawkish rhetoric coming from Republicans on the heels of their electoral victory, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin [...]
Guest blogger: Ann Ninan, IPS Gender Editor
The UN has finally decided to stand up for women! A decision to create a new agency for women was taken by the General Assembly on September14.
Our colleague Thalif Deen, IPS bureau chief in New York, was the first and only journalist to report it for the [...]
- Latin America Bets Heavily on Hydrogen
- The Illusion of Digital Inclusion in the Post-COVID World
- Africa Goes Digital
- Dr Aqsa Sheikh: Transgender Doctor Injecting Hope During COVID Pandemic
- 20 Million More People Face Food Crises, As Acute Hunger Rates Rise to a 5-Year High
- How West African Leaders Can Tackle Youth and Gender Inequities
- High-Dose Vitamin D Supplements Significantly Reduce ICU Admissions & COVID-19 Deaths
- Coping with the USA-China Conflict – Strategic Procrastination
- Education Cannot Wait Enhances Mental Health and Psychosocial Support for Crisis-affected Children and Youth in the Middle East and North Africa
- Youth Voice and Action Critical to Reforming the World’s Food Systems