via Lobe Log
by Farideh Farhi
This Washington Post article about Iran and Hezbollah building networks in Syria in the event of Bashar al-Assad’s fall is certainly eye-catching. It’s also suggestive of Iranian shrewdness in trying to make the best out of every situation they face in the region.
Assad’s turmoil was supposed [...]
- Rural Poverty? Cooperatives!
- Global Devaluation of Work Drives Up Unemployment in Brazil
- “Torture Works” — in All the Wrong Ways
- The High Cost of Ageing
- “Black Soils” – Excessive Use of Arsenic, Cadmium, Lead, Mercury…
- The World Is Burning
- World Poverty Could Be Cut in Half If All Adults Completed Secondary Education
- UN Response Teams Underfunded as Costs Hit Staggering $23.5 Billion
- “Big Reflection” Needed on Opioid Crisis
- No Wall for Ethiopia, Rather an Open Door—Even for Its Enemy