by Jim Lobe
As readers of this blog know, I’m not a big fan of the Wall Street Journal’s editorial board, which pretty much defines neo-conservative foreign-policy orthodoxy and is probably the movement’s single-most influential and effective proponent in the elite U.S. media. If you accept certain of its assumptions — sometimes explicit, sometimes [...]
via Lobe Log
by Jim Lobe
As Republican lawmakers and Fox News have been claiming that the Benghazi “cover-up” scandal will prove even bigger than the Iran-Contra and Watergate scandals combined, Elliott Abrams – who, faced with a slew of felony charges by the Iran-Contra special prosecutor while serving as Assistant Secretary [...]
By Gary Sick
via IPS News
NEW YORK, Nov 26 2012 (IPS) - I have never read a book quite like this. “Becoming Enemies” is the latest product of the indispensable National Security Archive, the Washington non-profit that has given new meaning to the Freedom of Information Act.
They not only use their [...]
With neo-conservatives, you never know whether their preaching (especially about issues such as human rights or democracy) shows a complete lack of self-consciousness (given their long support for brutal autocracies firmly allied with Israel and/or the United States), genuine amnesia, or shamelessness (chutzpah) of the highest order.
So it is with Elliott Abrams‘ latest [...]
The Foundation for Defense of Democracies fellow Michael Ledeen has been unhinged for years now. Decades, really. He facilitated the introductions between Israelis and an Iranian arms dealer that made the Iran-Contra deal possible by creating a conduit for arms; only six weeks after the invasion of Iraq, he called for war [...]
- Why Principle Matters at UN Human Rights Council
- OPINION: Africans’ Land Rights at Risk as New Agricultural Trend Sweeps Continent
- Struggling to Find Water in the Vast Pacific
- Arab Region Has World’s Fastest Growing HIV Epidemic
- Jordan’s LGBT Community Fears Greater Intolerance
- U.N. Chief Applauds AoC For Building Bridges to Peace
- New Technology Boosts Fisherfolk Security
- Europe’s Two-Time Turnabout on Syria/Iraq
- Will Climate Change Denialism Help the Russian Economy?
- Ban on Nuke Tests OK, But Where’s the Ban on Nuke Weapons?