by Jim Lobe
As readers of this blog know, I’m not a big fan of the Wall Street Journal’s editorial board, which pretty much defines neo-conservative foreign-policy orthodoxy and is probably the movement’s single-most influential and effective proponent in the elite U.S. media. If you accept certain of its assumptions — sometimes explicit, sometimes [...]
via Lobe Log
by Jim Lobe
As Republican lawmakers and Fox News have been claiming that the Benghazi “cover-up” scandal will prove even bigger than the Iran-Contra and Watergate scandals combined, Elliott Abrams – who, faced with a slew of felony charges by the Iran-Contra special prosecutor while serving as Assistant Secretary [...]
By Gary Sick
via IPS News
NEW YORK, Nov 26 2012 (IPS) - I have never read a book quite like this. “Becoming Enemies” is the latest product of the indispensable National Security Archive, the Washington non-profit that has given new meaning to the Freedom of Information Act.
They not only use their [...]
With neo-conservatives, you never know whether their preaching (especially about issues such as human rights or democracy) shows a complete lack of self-consciousness (given their long support for brutal autocracies firmly allied with Israel and/or the United States), genuine amnesia, or shamelessness (chutzpah) of the highest order.
So it is with Elliott Abrams‘ latest [...]
The Foundation for Defense of Democracies fellow Michael Ledeen has been unhinged for years now. Decades, really. He facilitated the introductions between Israelis and an Iranian arms dealer that made the Iran-Contra deal possible by creating a conduit for arms; only six weeks after the invasion of Iraq, he called for war [...]
- Environmental Funding Bypasses Indigenous Communities
- Will Governments Keep Their Promises on the Human Right to Water?
- Surprisingly Equal, Surprisingly Unequal
- U.N. Urged to Reaffirm Reproductive Rights in Post-2015 Agenda
- OPINION: Step Up Efforts Against Hunger
- Geographical Divide in Maternal Health for Syrian Refugees
- Rare Zambian Tree Faces Exploitation Because of Legal Loophole
- New Fund to Build on “Unprecedented Convergence” Around Land Rights
- Is Newly-Renovated U.N. Readying For Balkanisation of World?
- Can ‘Womenomics’ Stem the Feminisation of Poverty in Japan?