by Sara Vakhshouri
This week Iranians began dealing with a new phase of reduced fuel subsidies and increased gasoline prices. The new gasoline prices were announced at midnight on April 24 by the National Iranian Oil Refining and Distribution Company (NIORDC).The price for the semi-subsidized gasoline will be 7,000 rials per liter [...]
via Lobe Log
by Djavad Salehi-Isfahani
Four months after the collapse of the rial earlier this fall, Iran’s economy is still reeling from its effects. The rial lost 40% of its value in one week late last September, succumbing to accumulating pressures from free spending by the Ahmadinejad government, overvaluation caused by years of [...]
- U.N. Urged to Reaffirm Reproductive Rights in Post-2015 Agenda
- OPINION: Step Up Efforts Against Hunger
- Geographical Divide in Maternal Health for Syrian Refugees
- Rare Zambian Tree Faces Exploitation Because of Legal Loophole
- New Fund to Build on “Unprecedented Convergence” Around Land Rights
- Is Newly-Renovated U.N. Readying For Balkanisation of World?
- Can ‘Womenomics’ Stem the Feminisation of Poverty in Japan?
- Promoting Human Rights Through Global Citizenship Education
- Honduran Mothers and Grandmothers Search Far and Wide for Missing Migrants
- Uganda’s Youth Discover the Beauty in Farming