by Sara Vakhshouri
This week Iranians began dealing with a new phase of reduced fuel subsidies and increased gasoline prices. The new gasoline prices were announced at midnight on April 24 by the National Iranian Oil Refining and Distribution Company (NIORDC).The price for the semi-subsidized gasoline will be 7,000 rials per liter [...]
via Lobe Log
by Djavad Salehi-Isfahani
Four months after the collapse of the rial earlier this fall, Iran’s economy is still reeling from its effects. The rial lost 40% of its value in one week late last September, succumbing to accumulating pressures from free spending by the Ahmadinejad government, overvaluation caused by years of [...]
- OECD Urges Further Reforms for an Inclusive South Africa
- Latin America Lagging in ICT Sustainable Development Goal
- Disarmament Conference Ends with Ambitious Goal – But How to Get There?
- U.S.-Made Cluster Munitions Causing Civilian Deaths in Yemen
- Opinion: A Farewell to Arms that Fuel Atrocities is Within Our Grasp
- OPEC Fund Supports UNIDO in Latin America
- Emerging Industrial Power Rises From Aid Beneficiary to Donor Nation
- Water, Climate, Energy Intertwined with Fight Against Poverty in Central America
- Call for Global Ban on Nuclear Weapons Testing
- Opinion: How Will Wall Street Greet the Pope?