by Jasmin Ramsey
via IPS News
Thirty-five years ago today, millions of Iranians embraced a religious leader promising freedom from a corrupt monarchy and national independence. Now many want a better standard of living and improved civil rights.
“Living standards are 50 percent higher today than they were before the revolution, [...]
via Lobe Log
by Henry Precht
US-revolutionary Iran relations were born in the aftermath of a heavy snowstorm in Washington. I was in charge of the Iran Desk in the State Department and was due in the office at eight am. Almost nothing moved on the unplowed streets in my neighborhood and I had [...]
- Please, Do Not Get Offended, But:
- 360 Million of 625 Million People Are Overweight in Latin America and Caribbean
- Sailing on Antiques
- Regional Solutions Key for Asia-pacific’s Transition to Sustainable Energy
- Why Polio Campaigns Must Reach Every Last Child in Kenya
- A Women’s March on the World
- Were UN Plans to Ban Nukes Pre-empted by Trump?
- Social Networks in Mexico Both Fuel and Fight Discontent
- Right to Information Dead on Arrival at UN
- Is Globalisation Reversible?