by Jasmin Ramsey
via IPS News
Thirty-five years ago today, millions of Iranians embraced a religious leader promising freedom from a corrupt monarchy and national independence. Now many want a better standard of living and improved civil rights.
“Living standards are 50 percent higher today than they were before the revolution, [...]
via Lobe Log
by Henry Precht
US-revolutionary Iran relations were born in the aftermath of a heavy snowstorm in Washington. I was in charge of the Iran Desk in the State Department and was due in the office at eight am. Almost nothing moved on the unplowed streets in my neighborhood and I had [...]
- Civil Society Under Serious Attack
- Journalists Face Unprecedented Violence
- Little England
- Toward a More Reflective Planet
- From Grexit to Brexit: Eurosceptics Claim their -Exit
- Will Brexit Have Political Ramifications at UN?
- Brexit – Perceptions and Repercussions in the Americas
- Women’s Cooperatives Ease Burden of HIV in Kenya
- The Brexit Shock – Now All Is Up in the Air!
- Brex’it, So Be’it; And Then What?