via Lobe Log
In the past few days there have been a string of reports regarding the harmful impact of sanctions on the Iranian population. Issues related to rising prices, the inability to import medicine for life threatening diseases because of financial sanctions and even life threatening pollution caused by domestically-produced gasoline, [...]
via Sanctions Law
Last Thursday, the Treasury’s Office of Foreign Assets Control (“OFAC”) announced the removal of two parties designated under the Iraq Stabilization and Insurgency Sanctions program (“Iraq Sanctions”). These sanctions were put into law by Executive Orders 13303, 13315, 13350, 13364, and 13438. They target specific individuals and entities associated with [...]
via Lobe Log
This past week a couple of articles have been published that hint at the central incoherence of the United States’ Iran policy. The arguments are not necessarily new, but they show in concrete terms how the stated objective of US sanctions, which is to change the calculations and behavior of Iran’s [...]
- Survivors of the El Mozote Massacre Have New Hopes for Justice in El Salvador
- Menstrual Health and Vitality: Breaking the Silence, Stemming the Flood
- What does it Take to Solve a Statelessness Crisis?
- International Finance Governance Undemocratic
- Community Seed Banks: Securing Diversity for Climate Change Adaptation
- “Horrific” Increase in Worldwide Displacement
- Truth or Delusion?
- World to Cut Emissions With or Without Trump
- The ‘Public’ in Public Health
- Abdullah bin Zayed hails Arab leaders’ resolve to combat extremism and terrorism