by Emile Nakhleh Bahrain’s national election planned for this Saturday portends no change in the al-Khalifa regime’s anti-Shi’a stance and is yet another futile exercise in sham democracy. Even the mainstream al-Wefaq Shi’a opposition party has decided to boycott the election because of perceived bias in the recently gerrymandered electoral districts. Most observers view the
- 10 Days to Defeat 2547 Miles of Pain
- Forests & Climate: We Need to do Much, Much More
- Turning Carriers of Water into Managers of Water
- Guess Who’s Behind Paralysis on COVID19 in the UN Committee on World Food Security
- For the South, all Roads in Global Economic Governance Lead to Inequality & Vulnerability
- Inflation Bogey Blocking Recovery
- Will Countries Reach an Agreement at COP26?
- We Will Never Give Up the Slavery Reparations Fight, say Caribbean Rastafarians
- What Fate for Three Billion of Humans Who Are Born Equals?
- Hamburgers and Climate Change