via Lobe Log
Amidst UN envoy Lakhdar Brahimi’s attempts to achieve a temporary Syrian ceasefire, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton this week announced a boost in American non-lethal assistance to the Syrian rebels. Meanwhile, Russian Armed Forces Chief of Staff Nikolai Makarov declared that Moscow has “reliable information that Syrian militants have foreign…anti-aircraft [...]
via IPS News
The recent visit by Abd al-Halim Murad, head of the Bahraini Salafi al-Asalah movement, to Syria to meet with Syrian rebels is an attempt by him and other Gulf Salafis to hijack the Syrian revolution.
Sadly, the Saudi and Bahraini governments have looked the other way as their Sunni Salafis [...]
- World Celebrates 250 Years Since First Freedom of Information Act
- New Generation Aims to Plug Africa’s Research Deficit
- High-Level Defamation Cases Curb Critical Journalism
- On World Press Freedom Day, A View From Asia
- Could the UN be Doing More to Protect Journalists?
- Analysis: The Role of the Free Press in Sustainable Development
- Mideast: 1 in 3 Bribes to Access Basic Public Services
- Indian Women Worst Hit by Water Crisis
- The Family Garden Going Out of Style in Cuban Countryside
- Odd Situation in the “Paradise” of Press Freedom