via Lobe Log
Amidst UN envoy Lakhdar Brahimi’s attempts to achieve a temporary Syrian ceasefire, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton this week announced a boost in American non-lethal assistance to the Syrian rebels. Meanwhile, Russian Armed Forces Chief of Staff Nikolai Makarov declared that Moscow has “reliable information that Syrian militants have foreign…anti-aircraft [...]
via IPS News
The recent visit by Abd al-Halim Murad, head of the Bahraini Salafi al-Asalah movement, to Syria to meet with Syrian rebels is an attempt by him and other Gulf Salafis to hijack the Syrian revolution.
Sadly, the Saudi and Bahraini governments have looked the other way as their Sunni Salafis [...]
- Asia: 260 Million Indigenous Peoples Marginalised, Discriminated
- Time To Focus On ‘Hidden Hunger’
- Formalising Informal Trade – Good for African Women?
- In a “World of Plenty,” G7 Must Fight Famine
- Why the G7 Must Fund Health & Nutrition
- Big polluting lobbyists may be forced to declare interests at UN talks
- Africa – More than Just Conflicts, Corruption, Disasters
- Slow Growth Stalls SDGs’ Progress
- Q&A: “It’s a Crime” that 35 Million Latin Americans Still Suffer from Hunger
- Nutrition Key to Developing Africa’s “Grey Matter Infrastructure”