via Lobe Log
Amidst UN envoy Lakhdar Brahimi’s attempts to achieve a temporary Syrian ceasefire, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton this week announced a boost in American non-lethal assistance to the Syrian rebels. Meanwhile, Russian Armed Forces Chief of Staff Nikolai Makarov declared that Moscow has “reliable information that Syrian militants have foreign…anti-aircraft [...]
via IPS News
The recent visit by Abd al-Halim Murad, head of the Bahraini Salafi al-Asalah movement, to Syria to meet with Syrian rebels is an attempt by him and other Gulf Salafis to hijack the Syrian revolution.
Sadly, the Saudi and Bahraini governments have looked the other way as their Sunni Salafis [...]
- Sustainable Land Management, the Formula to Combat Desertification
- Trump is Here to Stay and Change the World
- IOM’s Director General Swing Praises Spain for Bringing 600+ Migrants to Safety
- Fertility Struggles More Open – and Shared on Social Media
- Ethiopia to Return Land in Bid for Peace with Eritrea
- Consumers and Private Sector critical in fighting droughts and land degradation, says UN
- Abu Dhabi Fund for Development earmarks USD 3 billion to support sustainable development in Ethiopia
- Brazil’s Agricultural Heavyweight Status Undermines Food Supply
- Now is Not the Time to Give up on the People of DRC
- Europe, Sharing the Love?