via Lobe Log
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu pulled an “October surprise” out of his hat when he announced his Likud party would form a joint list in the upcoming election with Avigdor Lieberman’s fascist Yisrael Beiteinu party. This is more of a partnership than a merger, but it has profound implications.
via Lobe Log
Ari Shavit reports on his interview with former Mossad chief Efraim Halevy, one among several former Israeli intelligence and security officials who have infuriated Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu by making public statements against an Israeli strike on Iran. Halevy tells Shavit that his views about the threat that Iran poses to [...]
- For Women in Asia, ‘Home’ Is a Battleground
- U.N. Member States Accused of Cherry-Picking Human Rights
- Namibian President Wins $5 Million African Leadership Prize
- Everyone Benefits from More Women in Power
- Syrian Conflict Has Underlying Links to Climate Change, Says Study
- Environmental Damage to Gaza Exacerbating Food Insecurity
- Farm Projects Boost Bangladeshi Women, Children
- Opinion: War on Wildlife Crime – Time to Enlist the Ordinary Citizen
- Opinion: Manipulate and Mislead – How GMOs are Infiltrating Africa
- Bamboo – An Answer to Deforestation or Not in Africa?