via Lobe Log
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu pulled an “October surprise” out of his hat when he announced his Likud party would form a joint list in the upcoming election with Avigdor Lieberman’s fascist Yisrael Beiteinu party. This is more of a partnership than a merger, but it has profound implications.
via Lobe Log
Ari Shavit reports on his interview with former Mossad chief Efraim Halevy, one among several former Israeli intelligence and security officials who have infuriated Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu by making public statements against an Israeli strike on Iran. Halevy tells Shavit that his views about the threat that Iran poses to [...]
- Making the Goals: Why Sustainable Development Must Be Integrated Development
- Ending Lingering Hunger in a World of Plenty
- Uncertainty Mars Potential for Peace in South Sudan
- Colombia Referendum – First Acid Test for Peace
- Poverty Eradication Greatest Global Challenge, Say G77 Ministers
- South Sudan and Uganda’s Intertwined History of Violence
- AfDB Injects USD 1 Billion to End Youth Unemployment in Africa
- Unregulated Promotion of Mining in Malawi Brings Hazards and Hardships
- A Historic Day in Colombia
- What Does Leaving No One Behind Really Mean?