via Lobe Log
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu pulled an “October surprise” out of his hat when he announced his Likud party would form a joint list in the upcoming election with Avigdor Lieberman’s fascist Yisrael Beiteinu party. This is more of a partnership than a merger, but it has profound implications.
via Lobe Log
Ari Shavit reports on his interview with former Mossad chief Efraim Halevy, one among several former Israeli intelligence and security officials who have infuriated Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu by making public statements against an Israeli strike on Iran. Halevy tells Shavit that his views about the threat that Iran poses to [...]
- Human Development – Latin America Less Than Halfway There
- Antigua Weighs High Cost of Fossil Fuels
- Outlawing Polygamy to Combat Gender Inequalities, Domestic Violence in Papua New Guinea
- Drought and Misuse Behind Lebanon’s Water Scarcity
- A Carrot Is a Carrot – or Is It?
- For Many Asian LGBT Youth, Homophobia Starts at Home
- Thousands of New Yorkers Protest Gaza Killings
- OPINION: The Affinity Between Iraqi Sunni Extremists and the Rulers of Saudi Arabia
- South Stymies North in Global Trade Talks
- Fish Before Fields to Improve Egypt’s Food Production