by Mitchell Plitnick The Palestinian Authority (PA) has now moved a step closer to making good on its threat to go to the International Criminal Court (ICC) and bring charges against Israel. There is little doubt that this was a move Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas tried desperately to avoid. In the end, he was forced
by Mitchell Plitnick The media in Israel is abuzz with the news that Tzipi Livni will bring her Ha’Tnuah party into a joint ticket with the much larger Labor party. Now there is a tandem that can outpoll Likud, they are saying. The Israeli center just might be able to assert itself in this election.
by Mitchell Plitnick The Israeli government is headed for yet another round of elections. Although the official election date for the next Knesset is November 7, 2017, no one ever expected this government to last that long. The voting will likely take place in March of 2015. What do the new elections mean outside of Israel?
via Lobe Log
Well, here it is, the day after. The Israeli elections are over, but the form of the next government is not at all clear. Most likely, Benjamin Netanyahu’s Likud Beiteinu party will form a government with Yair Lapid’s Yesh Atid party being the main partner. This is by far the most [...]
- Global Campaign Against Mercury Moves to an End Zone
- Savagery of Rapes of Minors
- Mediterranean Migrant Arrivals Reach 40,944 in 2018; Deaths Reach 960
- West Africa Building Renewable Energy Sector Partnership and Capacity
- Senegalese Immigrants Face Police Brutality in Argentina
- Gaming Disorder: A New Disease Experts say is Hard to Diagnose
- Tackling Goal 8 and Modern Day Slavery through Technology
- EU Urged to Ban Early & Forced Child Marriages
- America First or America Alone?
- Finding My Migrant Voice