by Mitchell Plitnick The Palestinian Authority (PA) has now moved a step closer to making good on its threat to go to the International Criminal Court (ICC) and bring charges against Israel. There is little doubt that this was a move Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas tried desperately to avoid. In the end, he was forced
by Mitchell Plitnick The media in Israel is abuzz with the news that Tzipi Livni will bring her Ha’Tnuah party into a joint ticket with the much larger Labor party. Now there is a tandem that can outpoll Likud, they are saying. The Israeli center just might be able to assert itself in this election.
by Mitchell Plitnick The Israeli government is headed for yet another round of elections. Although the official election date for the next Knesset is November 7, 2017, no one ever expected this government to last that long. The voting will likely take place in March of 2015. What do the new elections mean outside of Israel?
via Lobe Log
Well, here it is, the day after. The Israeli elections are over, but the form of the next government is not at all clear. Most likely, Benjamin Netanyahu’s Likud Beiteinu party will form a government with Yair Lapid’s Yesh Atid party being the main partner. This is by far the most [...]
- Media Freedom in Africa Remains Under Attack
- Compensation Hard to Ensure
- Media Ethics
- West Papuans Turn to Africa for Support in Freedom Bid
- “Together, Civil Society Has Power”
- Opinion: Illicit Financial Flows
- World Farmers’ Organisation Meeting Eyes New Markets, Fresh Investment
- Can the UN Security Council Stop Hospitals Being Targets in War?
- A long, Insulting Walk to Justice for Rape Victims in Bangladesh
- El Nino-Induced Drought in Zimbabwe