via Lobe Log
As the Arab Spring turns two, job creation offers the key promise of success in post-autocratic societies. While other important lessons could be gleaned from the unprecedented Arab upheavals, economic growth is the most shining one. Unless Washington and other Western capitals understand the criticality of the economic factor and assist [...]
via Lobe Log
Last Sunday former President Bill Clinton asked the CEO of Walmart if he would open a store in Libya.
Surely Libya needs more jobs and needs to get its economy going, but I am not sure how a Walmart would do that. A large proportion of the goods that [...]
- “Outsiders” in Focus at French Film Fest
- Shipping and Industry Threaten Famed Home of the Bengal Tiger
- Grass Planting Reduces Soil Erosion, Risk of Landslides in Rohingya Refugee Camps
- “What do you Become When you Shoot to Kill Someone who is Unarmed, & not an Immediate Threat to You?”
- Indigenous Peoples Recover Native Languages in Mexico
- Will Climate Change Cause More Migrants than Wars?
- Leveraging Climate Finance in Africa
- Africa Gains Momentum in Green Climate Solutions
- ICBA scientists start growing halophytic vegetables in UAE
- Growth in global economy exceeds expectations, but increased risks could threaten economic outlook, UN report says