via Lobe Log
As the Arab Spring turns two, job creation offers the key promise of success in post-autocratic societies. While other important lessons could be gleaned from the unprecedented Arab upheavals, economic growth is the most shining one. Unless Washington and other Western capitals understand the criticality of the economic factor and assist [...]
via Lobe Log
Last Sunday former President Bill Clinton asked the CEO of Walmart if he would open a store in Libya.
Surely Libya needs more jobs and needs to get its economy going, but I am not sure how a Walmart would do that. A large proportion of the goods that [...]
- Argentina and United Arab Emirates Open New Stage in Bilateral Relations
- Extremism Threatens Press Freedom
- Press Crackdown Is Likely to Worsen
- IPS joins in the call to enforce international law to protect journalists
- Women of Haitian Descent Bear the Brunt of Dominican Migration Policy
- Over $10 Billion in Aid Pledges at Syria Donor Conference
- After 20 Years, Nuclear Test Ban Treaty Still in Political Limbo
- “A Fair Day’s Wage for a Fair Day’s Work?”
- Europe is disintegrating while its citizens watch indifferent
- Cameron at large: Want Not to Become a Terrorist? Speak Fluent English!