via Lobe Log
The Nation’s Jeremy Scahill injects some badly needed context into the media frenzy over David Petraeus’s CIA resignation by examining the four-star General’s legacy against the backdrop of an increasingly militarized intelligence agency:
As head of US Central Command in 2009, Petraeus issued execute orders that significantly broadened the ability [...]
Reposted by arrangement with Think Progress
In an interview with CBS’s 60 Minutes, the U.S. military commander atop international forces in Afghanistan said U.S. forces would not be leaving the war-torn Central Asian country any time soon. The comments by Gen. John Allen, who took command of the International Security Assistance Force [...]
- Disabled Caribbeans Find Freedom in Technology
- Together We are Stronger Against Police Violence
- New Approach Needed for Peace in Afghanistan
- Civil Society Representatives: “Water is the Foundation of our Life”
- Climate Breaks All Records: Hottest Year, Lowest Ice, Highest Sea Level
- Sanitation ‘Revolution': A New Pay-Monthly Poop Removal System
- Don’t Understand Clouds? But You Should!
- Investing in Zimbabwe’s Smallholder Farmers
- Is Wastewater the New Black Gold?
- Sweetened Research, Sugared Recommendations