By Mitchell Plitnick
Discussing his outspoken opposition to diplomacy with Iran, Republican Senator Mark Kirk said in a phone briefing for his supporters: “It’s the reason why I ran for the Senate, [it] is all wrapped up in this battle. I am totally dedicated to the survival of the state of Israel in the [...]
via Lobe Log
Renowned international relations theorist John Mearsheimer writes in the London Review of Books:
So what is going on here? At the most basic level, Israel’s actions in Gaza are inextricably bound up with its efforts to create a Greater Israel that stretches from the Jordan River to the Mediterranean [...]
This post originally appeared at Souciant.
Martin Dempsey is not a popular man in the halls of the Israeli Prime Minister’s office these days. The Chairman of the US Joint Chiefs of Staff incurred the wrath of Benjamin Netanyahu by pointing out the obvious: an Israeli attack on Iran would have dire consequences.
- SDG Setback ‘Tremendous’ as COVID-19 Accelerates Slide
- War-Fighting in the Future and Our Current Hobson’s Choice!
- Ensuring Biodiversity Now will Prevent Pandemics Later
- No Woman Should Ever Die Giving Life
- Innovation Is an Imperative – for Sustainable Food Systems
- Women are Often an After-Thought in a Humanitarian Crisis
- Politics, Profits Undermine Public Interest in Covid-19 Vaccine Race
- Kenya’s Adolescent Women Left Behind As More Married Women Access Contraception
- Education Post-COVID-19: Customised Blended Learning is Urgently Needed
- ‘Declare remittance as an essential financial service’