By Mitchell Plitnick
Discussing his outspoken opposition to diplomacy with Iran, Republican Senator Mark Kirk said in a phone briefing for his supporters: “It’s the reason why I ran for the Senate, [it] is all wrapped up in this battle. I am totally dedicated to the survival of the state of Israel in the [...]
via Lobe Log
Renowned international relations theorist John Mearsheimer writes in the London Review of Books:
So what is going on here? At the most basic level, Israel’s actions in Gaza are inextricably bound up with its efforts to create a Greater Israel that stretches from the Jordan River to the Mediterranean [...]
This post originally appeared at Souciant.
Martin Dempsey is not a popular man in the halls of the Israeli Prime Minister’s office these days. The Chairman of the US Joint Chiefs of Staff incurred the wrath of Benjamin Netanyahu by pointing out the obvious: an Israeli attack on Iran would have dire consequences.
- How Did We Arrive at This Chaos?
- 400 Million People Live with Hepatitis But They Do Not Know
- Fertilizer Access Grows Farmers, Food and Finance
- Social Media a Curse and a Blessing in Munich Shooting
- Modern-day Slavery in Oman? Domestic Workers in Peril
- Enemy Images
- A Case of Failing Democracy or Fading Geo-politics
- Uganda Ill-Equipped for Growing Cancer Burden
- Biswal’s Dreams Just Pretentious Prattle
- Rights of Indigenous Peoples ‘Critical’ to Combat Climate Change