By Gary Sick
via IPS News
NEW YORK, Nov 26 2012 (IPS) - I have never read a book quite like this. “Becoming Enemies” is the latest product of the indispensable National Security Archive, the Washington non-profit that has given new meaning to the Freedom of Information Act.
They not only use their [...]
In response to a worrying trend in U.S. politics Lobe Log has launched Iran Hawk Watch. Each Friday we will post on notable militaristic commentary about Iran from a variety of sources including news articles, think tanks and pundits.
*This week’s must read is “Obama’s Counterproductive New Iran Sanctions: How Washington is Sliding [...]
- An American Missionary Kidnapped in Nigeria as Neighbouring Countries Seethe
- Illegal Wildlife Trade Booms on Chinese Social Media
- Tackling Ebola: Give Autonomy to Local African Communities, Says International Rescue Committee
- Opinion: It’s Time to Step It Up for Gender Equality
- Gaza Reconstruction, Hampered by Israeli Blockade, May Take 100 Years, Say Aid Agencies
- Women Leaders Call for Mainstreaming Gender Equality in Post-2015 Agenda
- Families See Hope for Justice in Palestinian Membership of ICC
- For Women in Asia, ‘Home’ Is a Battleground
- U.N. Member States Accused of Cherry-Picking Human Rights
- Namibian President Wins $5 Million African Leadership Prize