by Marsha B. Cohen
Once again revelations concerning the genesis of Israel’s undeclared nuclear weapons program are attracting notice.
by Mitchell Plitnick
There are many false clichés about the Israel-Palestine conflict. There are also some very true ones, though these are heard less frequently. Perhaps the most profound of these was proven once again this week: the United States is incapable of playing a positive role in this arena.
There is [...]
by James A. Russell
News that the Obama administration is considering releasing the convicted spy Jonathan Pollard as part of an attempt to breath life into the Israel-Palestine peace talks is a sign of negotiations that have become a road to nowhere.
Secretary of State John Kerry and the Obama administration deserve [...]
via Lobe Log
Over at The New Republic, Marc Tracy asks the question “Is it possible to write critically about Sheldon Adelson without being anti-Semitic?” He answers in the affirmative, noting that Adelson’s enormous financial influence on this year’s presidential election cycle — combined with various credible allegations of misconduct, most notably [...]
via Lobe Log
The Protocols of the Elders of Zion is probably the most notorious work of anti-Semitic propaganda ever written. First surfacing publicly in 1905 after several years in private circulation, the work was a fabricated transcript of a secret meeting of rabbis plotting to control the world, as Gary Saul [...]
The article is a look into the possible reasons that Israel has pushed back the nuclear timeline for Iran. I quote Tony Karon at length (which appears at TB) and list my own thoughts (some via Jim):
That notion — [...]
- A Post-2020 Global Biodiversity Framework Aims at Reinforcing Efforts to Save World’s Ecosystem
- Zimbabwe’s Thin Line between Child Smuggling and Child Trafficking
- Generation Equality: Four Ways to Accelerate Progress
- Fiscal Policies For Women’s Economic Empowerment
- Mr. Ban Ki-moon begins second term in office as President and Chair of GGGI
- What Future for the Rohingyas after the ICJ Ruling?
- Popular Pakistani Singer Pushes for Corporal Punishment to be Made a Crime
- U.S. President’s Global Gag Rule is Having Negative Impact on the Health of Malawians: Report
- How Nigeria’s Police used Telecom Surveillance to Lure & Arrest Journalists
- As Planet Burns, One Million Species in World’s Eco-System in Danger of Extinction