by Marsha B. Cohen
Once again revelations concerning the genesis of Israel’s undeclared nuclear weapons program are attracting notice.
by Mitchell Plitnick
There are many false clichés about the Israel-Palestine conflict. There are also some very true ones, though these are heard less frequently. Perhaps the most profound of these was proven once again this week: the United States is incapable of playing a positive role in this arena.
There is [...]
by James A. Russell
News that the Obama administration is considering releasing the convicted spy Jonathan Pollard as part of an attempt to breath life into the Israel-Palestine peace talks is a sign of negotiations that have become a road to nowhere.
Secretary of State John Kerry and the Obama administration deserve [...]
via Lobe Log
Over at The New Republic, Marc Tracy asks the question “Is it possible to write critically about Sheldon Adelson without being anti-Semitic?” He answers in the affirmative, noting that Adelson’s enormous financial influence on this year’s presidential election cycle — combined with various credible allegations of misconduct, most notably [...]
via Lobe Log
The Protocols of the Elders of Zion is probably the most notorious work of anti-Semitic propaganda ever written. First surfacing publicly in 1905 after several years in private circulation, the work was a fabricated transcript of a secret meeting of rabbis plotting to control the world, as Gary Saul [...]
The article is a look into the possible reasons that Israel has pushed back the nuclear timeline for Iran. I quote Tony Karon at length (which appears at TB) and list my own thoughts (some via Jim):
That notion — [...]
- Harnessing Data to Advocate for Safer Roads – UN Support for Sustainable Financing
- Climate Change Not Just Another Issue in Your Inbox, Leaders told
- Mass Protests Send Message of Solidarity with Palestinian People
- Restoring Indigenous Trees: New Mission to Combat Climate Change in Rwanda
- Scale of Death & Destruction in Gaza Result of Wide-Area Explosives in Populated Areas
- Salvadoran Rural Communities Face Climate Injustice
- “I Want to Live On” – Documentary Premiere on Kazakhstan Nuclear Test Survivors
- Navigating Russian Censorship from the Polar Circle
- Rich Distort Climate Problems, Offer Self-Serving Solutions
- This Doctor Helps Himalayan Women Ward off Cervical Cancer