via Lobe Log
The fight over the possible nomination of Chuck Hagel as Secretary of Defense can be defined as a battle waged with smears from the one side, and thoughtful, evidence-backed arguments from the other.
Too simplistic to be true? Case in point. A few hours ago, Josh Block, a
via Lobe Log
AIPAC comes knocking with a pro-Israel letter, and ‘then you’ll get 80 to 90 senators on it. I don’t think I’ve ever signed one of the letters.’
When someone would accuse him of not being pro-Israel because he didn’t sign the letter, Hagel told me he responds: “‘I didn’t sign the [...]
Reposted by arrangement with Think Progress
Lanny Davis, a leading lobbyist and former special counsel to President Bill Clinton, responded to the recent controversy surrounding Josh Block, a former American Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC) spokesperson who compiled thousands of words of opposition research on ThinkProgress and Media Matters bloggers and [...]
Only 4% of American films are made by women. In Iran it’s 25%.
Pollak tweeted the picture, adding that the ad was “truly outrageous.”
The Washington Post’s Jennifer Rubin has added her voice to the neoconservative uproar over the recent HSBC ad, which contains a factoid about Iran’s film industry. The ad, which Ali has already dissected on this blog, makes the relatively innocuous statement that “Only 4% of American films are made by women. [...]
News and views relevant to U.S.-Iran relations for November 12, 2010.
Commentary: Commentary Magazine executive editor Jonathan S. Tobin, hits back against a column by Alon Pinkas, Israel’s former consul general in New York. Pinkas wrote on Politico that Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s pro-Republican leanings, yet again illustrated by Bibi’s remarks at the General Assembly [...]
While AIPAC is adamant that the Obama administration is at fault for the current crisis in US-Israeli relations, Israelis across the political spectrum are much more inclined to blame their own leadership and political bureaucrats.
- Take a Deep Breath? But 9 in 10 People Worldwide Live with Excessive Air Pollution!
- Murders, Crackdown Create Lingering Climate of Fear in Bangladesh
- Development as Human Right: An Unfulfilled Promise to Billions
- Making the Goals: Why Sustainable Development Must Be Integrated Development
- Ending Lingering Hunger in a World of Plenty
- Uncertainty Mars Potential for Peace in South Sudan
- Colombia Referendum – First Acid Test for Peace
- Poverty Eradication Greatest Global Challenge, Say G77 Ministers
- South Sudan and Uganda’s Intertwined History of Violence
- AfDB Injects USD 1 Billion to End Youth Unemployment in Africa