via Lobe Log
The fight over the possible nomination of Chuck Hagel as Secretary of Defense can be defined as a battle waged with smears from the one side, and thoughtful, evidence-backed arguments from the other.
Too simplistic to be true? Case in point. A few hours ago, Josh Block, a
via Lobe Log
AIPAC comes knocking with a pro-Israel letter, and ‘then you’ll get 80 to 90 senators on it. I don’t think I’ve ever signed one of the letters.’
When someone would accuse him of not being pro-Israel because he didn’t sign the letter, Hagel told me he responds: “‘I didn’t sign the [...]
Reposted by arrangement with Think Progress
Lanny Davis, a leading lobbyist and former special counsel to President Bill Clinton, responded to the recent controversy surrounding Josh Block, a former American Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC) spokesperson who compiled thousands of words of opposition research on ThinkProgress and Media Matters bloggers and [...]
Only 4% of American films are made by women. In Iran it’s 25%.
Pollak tweeted the picture, adding that the ad was “truly outrageous.”
The Washington Post’s Jennifer Rubin has added her voice to the neoconservative uproar over the recent HSBC ad, which contains a factoid about Iran’s film industry. The ad, which Ali has already dissected on this blog, makes the relatively innocuous statement that “Only 4% of American films are made by women. [...]
News and views relevant to U.S.-Iran relations for November 12, 2010.
Commentary: Commentary Magazine executive editor Jonathan S. Tobin, hits back against a column by Alon Pinkas, Israel’s former consul general in New York. Pinkas wrote on Politico that Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s pro-Republican leanings, yet again illustrated by Bibi’s remarks at the General Assembly [...]
While AIPAC is adamant that the Obama administration is at fault for the current crisis in US-Israeli relations, Israelis across the political spectrum are much more inclined to blame their own leadership and political bureaucrats.
- Disabled Caribbeans Find Freedom in Technology
- Together We are Stronger Against Police Violence
- New Approach Needed for Peace in Afghanistan
- Civil Society Representatives: “Water is the Foundation of our Life”
- Climate Breaks All Records: Hottest Year, Lowest Ice, Highest Sea Level
- Sanitation ‘Revolution': A New Pay-Monthly Poop Removal System
- Don’t Understand Clouds? But You Should!
- Investing in Zimbabwe’s Smallholder Farmers
- Is Wastewater the New Black Gold?
- Sweetened Research, Sugared Recommendations