By Yasaman Baji
via IPS News
Amid growing and increasingly harsh criticism of his handling of the economy, talk of President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad’s removal has regained momentum in Iran in recent weeks.
But, according to most observers, Iran’s supreme leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, is unlikely to back any move to shorten Ahmadinejad’s term, [...]
via Lobe Log
The escalating sanctions regime that has been imposed on Iran by the United States and European Union has placed all parties involved in a rather strange position. On the US side, the palpable glee over the dropping value of the Iranian currency and the success sanctions have had in causing misery [...]
- At the intersection of conflict, climate change and energy access
- U. S. Backing for Heated Tobacco Products Triggers Misrepresentation
- Asia-Pacific Region Falters on UN Development Goals
- Dignity & Strength for Venezuelan Refugees & Migrants in Colombia
- The Storm is Over, But in Southern Africa, Cyclone Idai Continues to Rage for Women and Girls
- Cities of Light are Providing Safe Havens to Refugees
- Burmese Muslims: Still looking for a permanent home!
- The Forgotten Migrants of Central America
- Uganda’s Rare Tree Climbing Lions and Endangered Primates Threatened By Climate Change
- An Uncertain Future for Palestinian Refugees