On January 11th, 11 years to the day after the Bush administration opened itsnotorious prison at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, Zero Dark Thirty, Kathryn Bigelow’s deeply flawed movie about the hunt for Osama bin Laden, opens nationwide. The filmmakers and distributors are evidently ignorant of [...]
- Climate Refugees and a Collapsing City
- From Darkness to Light: Dramatic Rescue of Tanzanian Miners Trapped 41 Days in Rubble
- Did Argentina’s Elections Mark Start of Shift to the Right in South America?
- Africa’s Climate Change Funding May Hit 100 Billion by Mid-Century
- Children Extremely Vulnerable to Climate Change, Warns UNICEF
- Not Yet Curtains for BRICs
- Hunger Heralds Climate Change’s Arrival in Botswana
- Gay Rights Activists Hope for The Pope’s Blessings in Uganda
- Searching for Nutrition in South Africa’s Food Maze
- Analysis: Are Young People the Answer to Africa’s Food Security?