By Kreshma Fakhri
Years of war have turned Afghanistan into one of the most mined countries in the world. Landmines have killed and maimed tens of thousands. In this testimony, 28-year-old Mahro recalls the day she came upon unexploded ordnance that robbed her of her sight and the use of one hand.
In 1994, the [...]
Ads about diamond-and-sapphire studded watches don’t turn me on. But this one gripped me.
A screw-on hand and the slogan: “Fake watches are for fake people. Be authentic. Buy real.”
The ad is part of a campaign against counterfeiting launched by the Geneva-based Fondation de la Haute Horlogerie last month.
I might have [...]
- Heifer Nepal Farmers Persevere During COVID-19 Pandemic
- Education Cannot Wait Interviews Karina Gould, Canada’s Minister of International Development
- Women and Girls with Disabilities: Planning for Periods During a Pandemic
- Somerset Maugham, His Short Stories, and Singapore: Mutual Influences
- Q&A: How Kazakhstan’s Transgender and Lesbian Women are Being Impacted by COVID-19
- Lebanese Financial Crisis Validates Importance of Abolishing ‘Kafala’
- World Population Day 2020 – ‘The Time is Now to Accelerate the Promise for Women and Girls’
- COVID-19 & Why We Care
- The Return
- Covid-19 And Migrant Workers: Planning the return and reintegration of forced returnees