via Think Progress
Military contractors are in a full court press to prevent the automatic military spending cuts that will come into effect on January 2, 2013, an estimated $55 billion per year, if policymakers fail to avert a budget “sequester.” But while contractors are waving a defense industry funded report [...]
- Foreign Investment Expands in Cuba…Despite Everything
- Combating Climate Change? Combat Land Degradation, Says UNCCD Chief
- New Study Concludes Europe’s Mediterranean Border Remains ‘World’s Deadliest’
- Will DNA Data Base Deter Sexual Abuse at UN?
- Conservative Onslaught Undermines Gender Advances in Latin America
- A Cop Out at COP23?
- Why UN’s Global Compact on Refugees Must Address Needs of Young People
- Violence: Unending Woes of Indian Women
- IsDB and AfDB partner to boost agriculture and fight drought in Africa
- Violence Against Women is Fundamentally About Power