“COMMENTARY is America’s premier monthly magazine of opinion and a pivotal voice in American intellectual life.”
Though I don’t subscribe to Commentary, I read its “Contentions” blog daily. “Opinion”? Definitely. “American intellectual life”? Keep dreaming.
I certainly don’t respect any intellectuals who can’t realize that journalism requires some basic disclosures. This is [...]
Israel’s mostly-for-show settlement moratorium has expired, over the objections of the liberal pro-Israel group J Street, and the usual suspects on the right couldn’t be happier. More revealing, however, is the sight of Jeffrey Goldberg’s scarcely-concealed gloating over the fact that J Street “lost” the battle over a settlement freeze.
Why revealing? Because Goldberg [...]
- Protecting the environment should be everyone’s concern
- Belize Passes Milestone Law to Safeguard Fisheries
- Let’s Prevent Post-partum Depression and Provide Care to Those in Need
- Tanzania Investigative Journalist Pays Heavily for Freedom
- Lucky Trump Looking Smug
- UN Chief Should Lead by Example on Human Rights
- Three Financial Firms Could Change the Direction of the Climate Crisis – and Few People Have Any Idea
- Preserving World’s Biodiversity: Negotiations Convene at FAO Headquarters
- India’s Orange Farmers Search for Sustainable Agriculture
- Ugandan Farmer Ends Food Insecurity for Family & Community