A viral video calling on world leaders to a “set the red line” to prevent Iran from acquiring a nuclear weapon has garnered over 1.3 million YouTube views thanks to a savvy social media campaign on Facebook and Twitter.
It’s been promoted by conservative bloggers and Washington-based organizations like [...]
In response to a worrying trend in U.S. politics Lobe Log has launched Iran Hawk Watch. Each Friday we will post on notable militaristic commentary about Iran from a variety of sources including news articles, think tanks and pundits.
It’s the holidays and unfortunately not all the hawks took a break from agitating [...]
In response to a worrying trend in U.S. politics Lobe Log is launching “Iran Hawk Watch”. Each Friday we will post on notable militaristic commentary about Iran from a variety of sources including news articles, think tanks and pundits.
Mainstream Media and Pundits:
Last week, Matt Duss took to the pages of National Review to urge the magazine to dissociate itself from the anti-Islam polemicists David Horowitz and Robert Spencer. Duss pointed out that National Review had first established itself as a voice of mainstream conservatism by denouncing the far-right conspiracy theorists of the John Birch Society, [...]
If you haven’t already, head over the website of the Nation and read every last word of Matt Duss’s report from Herzliya, the biggest annual Israeli security conference. The event is best known for being where Israeli rightists and U.S. neocons swoon over each other.
Just look at some of the Americans who took [...]
The official position of the U.S. on Iran is still – rightfully — that no one can be sure that the Iranians are bent on making a nuclear weapon.
In a briefing yesterday, acting State Department spokesperson Mark Toner put an exclamation on this when he was asked if the Iranians “want a bomb or [...]
When the Bush administration used the Iraq War as a vehicle to spread democratic change in the Middle East, anger with the United States on foreign policy issues — particularly Iraq and the Arab-Israeli conflict [...]
Everyone’s watching Egypt. Everyone. But Daniel Pipes sees right through it, to where Iran is lurking in the background.
Well, not quite. But the former Pentagon under-secretary and current AEI scholar has something to say on the subject.
A recent neoconservative meme has been to assert that the uprisings in Tunisia and Egypt that are imperiling dictatorial regimes owe a debt of gratitude to President George W. Bush’s efforts to bring democracy [...]
- Fantasy Turned Nightmare for Human Trafficking Survivor who is now Thriving in the US
- Another Covid-19 Threat: Health Care Workers Under Attack
- International Women’s Day, 2021Women in Leadership Positions: An Economist’s View of International Women’s Day
- International Women’s Day, 2021The Problem of the Respectable International Women’s Day – an Appeal for Good Trouble
- Myanmar: Protestors Plea for International Help as Analysts Fear Full Military Might
- What Role Can South-South Cooperation Play in Post COVID-19 Recovery?
- Demographic Impact of Coronavirus Pandemic: An Overview
- International Women’s Day, 2021To Aspire and Achieve- Women’s Leadership in the 21st Century
- International Women’s Day, 2021Feminist Leadership at the United Nations — Gender Equality Within & Without