via IPS News
A new twist was added to the longrunning media theme of a threat by Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to go to war with Iran when news stories seemed to suggest Monday that Netanyahu had ordered the Israeli military to prepare for an imminent attack on Iranian nuclear sites in [...]
Reposted by arrangement with Think Progress
After the U.N.’s nuclear watchdog released its periodic report yesterday, replete with rich details about possible military dimension of Iran’s nuclear program, conservative hawks — ranging from journalists to think-tankers and even a presidential candidate — stepped up their support for a military strike on the [...]
I’ve written before about the thin evidence for the case that Al Qaeda is tied to Iran (Cliff May‘s argument boils down to: ‘Well, they’re all jihadists! Connection!’). But Max Fisher, writing for the Atlantic has another powerful counter-weight for these propagandistic accusations: Al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP), the teeny-tiny but [...]
- U.N. Officials Warn of Dengue Outbreak in War-Torn Yemen
- Local Development, the Key to Legitimising Amazon Hydropower Dams
- Stop Food Waste – Cook It and Eat It
- Faith Leaders Call for Debt Relief to Puerto Rico
- Activists Criticise Offshore Drilling as Obama Prepares for Arctic Summit
- Will New Sri Lankan Government Prioritize Resettlement of War-Displaced?
- Europe Squabbles While Refugees Die
- OECD Urges Further Reforms for an Inclusive South Africa
- Latin America Lagging in ICT Sustainable Development Goal
- Disarmament Conference Ends with Ambitious Goal – But How to Get There?