via IPS News
A new twist was added to the longrunning media theme of a threat by Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to go to war with Iran when news stories seemed to suggest Monday that Netanyahu had ordered the Israeli military to prepare for an imminent attack on Iranian nuclear sites in [...]
Reposted by arrangement with Think Progress
After the U.N.’s nuclear watchdog released its periodic report yesterday, replete with rich details about possible military dimension of Iran’s nuclear program, conservative hawks — ranging from journalists to think-tankers and even a presidential candidate — stepped up their support for a military strike on the [...]
I’ve written before about the thin evidence for the case that Al Qaeda is tied to Iran (Cliff May‘s argument boils down to: ‘Well, they’re all jihadists! Connection!’). But Max Fisher, writing for the Atlantic has another powerful counter-weight for these propagandistic accusations: Al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP), the teeny-tiny but [...]
- Survivors of the El Mozote Massacre Have New Hopes for Justice in El Salvador
- Menstrual Health and Vitality: Breaking the Silence, Stemming the Flood
- What does it Take to Solve a Statelessness Crisis?
- International Finance Governance Undemocratic
- Community Seed Banks: Securing Diversity for Climate Change Adaptation
- “Horrific” Increase in Worldwide Displacement
- Truth or Delusion?
- World to Cut Emissions With or Without Trump
- The ‘Public’ in Public Health
- Abdullah bin Zayed hails Arab leaders’ resolve to combat extremism and terrorism