Guest blogger: Ann Ninan, IPS Gender Editor
The UN has finally decided to stand up for women! A decision to create a new agency for women was taken by the General Assembly on September14.
Our colleague Thalif Deen, IPS bureau chief in New York, was the first and only journalist to report it for the [...]
Next time you read a story or a press release moaning about how country X will not reach the Millennium Development Goals, think twice – whose goal and whose target is it? We know the deadline but do we know the baseline?
Instead of striking a balance between ambition and realism, the MDGs have become [...]
- The Climate Crisis Disrupts the Education of 40 Million Children Every Year
- Energy Efficiency Is Law in Chile but Concrete Progress Is Slow in Coming
- Climate Change Meets Conflict Pushing Millions of Children in Ethiopia Out of School
- We Indigenous Peoples are Rights-Holders, not Stakeholders
- Europe and the Refugee Crisis: It’s all About Tackling Racism & Discrimination
- The Paradox of Powerless Superpowers Versus the Plight & Power of the Ukrainian People
- To Achieve Human Rights, Start with Food
- Corruption: Europe Doing Nothing – Part II
- Toward Free Education for All Children – Momentum Building to Expand the Right to Millions
- COP15: Shift in Societal Values Needed to Address Biodiversity Loss