The international community witnessed a number of natural disasters in 2013. Typhoon Haiyan, which hit the Philippines in November, caused extensive damage with about 8,000 people dead or missing and more than 16 million affected. Other countries, including India and Mexico, were also severely damaged by typhoons and hurricanes in 2013. The Solomon Islands, China, [...]
* Kerry Kennedy is the president of the Robert F. Kennedy Center for Justice and Human Rights and honorary chair of the RFK Foundation of Europe, Onlus.
Dear Cara and Mariah,
Michaela and I (along with your cousins Kick and Saoirse) have just returned from Buena Vista, where we spent the last week [...]
My daughter Esmeralda turns 18 today. Like all parents, I am amazed at how time flies. Like all mothers, I get reminiscent about those days, 18 years ago.
I was very pregnant and very happy. I lived in Rome, Italy, and I wanted a home birth.
I wanted music, soft light, friends, baby on my [...]
- Cuban Innovator Uses Sunlight to Create a Model Sustainable Space
- Women Advocates for Harvesting Rainwater in Salinity-Affected Coastal Bangladesh
- A World of One Billion Empty Plates
- Why Investing in Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Pays Off
- Inequality in Peru’s Education Sector Deepens in Post-Pandemic Era
- The New Cold War Over Access To Safe Abortion in Kenya
- Civil Disobedience – How to Make Enemies and Influence People
- How to Make COP27 a Success
- The Swedish Elections: A Victory for Populism
- Pacific Community’s Agricultural Gene Bank Wins Global Award