via Lobe Log
President Barack Obama will nominate former Nebraska Sen. Chuck Hagel for Defense Secretary to replace Leon Panetta, according to Democratic officials.
Politico predicts that “is likely to ignite a raucous confirmation battle.”
The AP meanwhile reports that Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell will be taking a wait and see [...]
- Pakistan and the World Need Inclusive Conflict Prevention
- Balancing Trade Wars
- Even Rocks Harvest Water in Brazil’s Semi-Arid Northeast
- “The Sustainable Bioeconomy, a Path Towards Post-Extractivism”
- Support of Influential World Leaders Not Enough to End Rohingya Crisis
- Blockchain can solve third world problems but who will bell the cat?
- How Prison Conditions Fuel the Tuberculosis Epidemic
- Dubai invests AED500 million in energy efficiency
- Chinese President arrives in UAE
- India Fast Becoming a Pillar of Global Growth & Stability