via Lobe Log
AIPAC comes knocking with a pro-Israel letter, and ‘then you’ll get 80 to 90 senators on it. I don’t think I’ve ever signed one of the letters.’
When someone would accuse him of not being pro-Israel because he didn’t sign the letter, Hagel told me he responds: “‘I didn’t sign the [...]
via Lobe Log
Chuck Hagel hasn’t even been nominated for Secretary of Defense and yet rumors abound that he is a frontrunner for the job. The volume of the squawking from hard-line hawks opposing his nomination reveals much about the way the neoconservative echo chamber operates.
Morris Amitay, a former executive director of [...]
- Q&A: “Climate Change is About Much More Than Temperature”
- Social Safety Net Not Wide Enough to Protect World’s Poor
- Opinion: Unlocking the Potential of Mali’s Young Women and Men
- Will the New BRICS Bank Break with Traditional Development Models, or Replicate Them?
- “Books, Not Bullets,” Malala Yousafzai Urges at Oslo Summit
- Ebola Recovery Focuses on Strengthening Africa’s Health Systems
- Opinion: SDGs, FfD and Every Single Dollar in the World
- Analysis: Is Colombia’s Peace Process Really at Its Lowest Ebb?
- Opinion: The End of the Greek Tragedy?
- Climate Commission Issues Blueprint for Low-Carbon Economy