It was sometimes lonely to be the only doctor in a remote province during Mozambique’s 17-years-long civil war. But mostly Father Aldo Marchesini was too busy.
With a community radio reporter and a team of doctors, Knight Health Fellow Mercedes Sayagues visits five rural clinics in the remote Mueda district, Cabo Delgado province, Mozambique.
- Latin America’s Relative Success in Fighting Hunger
- Scores of Sri Lankan Tamils Still Living Under the ‘Long Shadow of War’
- Leaked Internal Documents Show U.N. Ignored Child Abuse
- First Dutch Town to Ban Trade in Nazi Gear
- Bahamas Builds Resilience Against a Surging Sea
- Relief Organisation Urges Mandatory Funding for Humanitarian Appeals
- U.N. Security Council Takes “Historic” Stand on Killings of Journalists
- Humanitarian Crisis in South Sudan Continues to Worsen
- Opinion: Internet Should be Common Heritage of Humankind – Part II
- Sri Lankan Women Stymied by Archaic Job Market