It was sometimes lonely to be the only doctor in a remote province during Mozambique’s 17-years-long civil war. But mostly Father Aldo Marchesini was too busy.
With a community radio reporter and a team of doctors, Knight Health Fellow Mercedes Sayagues visits five rural clinics in the remote Mueda district, Cabo Delgado province, Mozambique.
- ISIS Complicates Iran’s Nuclear Focus at UNGA
- Climate Change an “Existential Threat” for the Caribbean
- Biodiversity Offsetting Advances in Latin America Amidst Controversy
- Mongolia’s Poorest Turn Garbage into Gold
- Green Economy Isn’t Rocket Science – And It’s Not Even Costly
- Kenya’s Ogiek Women Conquer Cultural Barriers to Support their Families
- Only the Crazy and Economists Believe Growth is Endless
- Half a Century of Struggle Against Underdevelopment
- French Add Voice to Global Climate Action
- OPINION: Invest in Young People to Harness Africa’s Demographic Dividend