It was sometimes lonely to be the only doctor in a remote province during Mozambique’s 17-years-long civil war. But mostly Father Aldo Marchesini was too busy.
With a community radio reporter and a team of doctors, Knight Health Fellow Mercedes Sayagues visits five rural clinics in the remote Mueda district, Cabo Delgado province, Mozambique.
- Marginalised Groups Struggle to Access Healthcare in Conflict-Torn East Ukraine
- When Ignorance Is Deadly: Pacific Women Dying From Lack of Breast Cancer Awareness
- U.S. Ally Yemen in Danger of Splitting into Two – Again
- U.S.-India Partnership a Step Forward for Low-Carbon Growth
- Young People in Latin America Face Stigma and Inequality
- Developing Nations Write Hopeful New Chapters in a Toxic Legacy
- OPINION: The Corporate Takeover of Ukrainian Agriculture
- Zimbabwe Battles with Energy Poverty
- African Leaders Clamp Down With Impending Elections in 10 Countries
- Five Journalists Killed As Gunmen Ambush Convoy in South Sudan