It was sometimes lonely to be the only doctor in a remote province during Mozambique’s 17-years-long civil war. But mostly Father Aldo Marchesini was too busy.
With a community radio reporter and a team of doctors, Knight Health Fellow Mercedes Sayagues visits five rural clinics in the remote Mueda district, Cabo Delgado province, Mozambique.
- Preventable Child Deaths Not Always Linked to Poorest Countries: UNICEF
- Ethiopia, Kazakhstan, Sweden Among New Members of UN Security Council
- The Case for Cash in Humanitarian Emergencies
- Biogas Brings Heat and Light to Pakistan’s Rural Poor
- Why I Started SMART ALEC – Lobbying for the Public Good
- Drought Prompts Debate on Cuba’s Irrigation Problems
- Civil Society Under Serious Attack
- Journalists Face Unprecedented Violence
- Little England
- Toward a More Reflective Planet