via Lobe Log
Joe Cirincione, the President of the nuclear non-proliferation-focused Ploughshares Fund, explains why Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney “further undermined his national security credentials, showing a fundamental misunderstanding of nuclear threats” with remarks he made during a private fundraising dinner in May. “Iran’s nuclear program has nothing [...]
Lobe Log publishes Hawks on Iran every Friday. Our posts highlight militaristic commentary and confrontational policy recommendations about Iran from a variety of sources including news articles, think tanks and pundits.
via Think Progress
Among Israel’s former top security officials, a growing consensus has emerged over the past several months that a military strike on Iran’s nuclear facilities would be counterproductive to Israeli interests. Yesterday, former Israeli spy chief Meir Dagan emphasized that point, telling an audience that “a strike could accelerate the procurement [...]
- Deported Salvadorans in Times of Trump
- Is UN’s Ambitious Global Compact the Last Word on the Migrant Crisis?
- UN Migration Agency Appeals for USD 182 Million to Help 900,000 Rohingya Refugees, Local Community in Bangladesh
- UN launches 2018 appeal for Rohingya refugees and Bangladeshi host communities
- Icc Could Face New Tide of Opposition from Asia
- Latin America & the Caribbean Edging Towards Eliminating Tuberculosis
- Water Scarcity: India’s Silent Crisis
- Stranded Migrants, Refugees Return Home from War-torn Yemen: IOM
- Water Stress Poses Greatest Threat to MENA Region
- Top Bottled Water Brands Contaminated with Plastic Particles: Report