via Lobe Log
by Farideh Farhi
This Washington Post article about Iran and Hezbollah building networks in Syria in the event of Bashar al-Assad’s fall is certainly eye-catching. It’s also suggestive of Iranian shrewdness in trying to make the best out of every situation they face in the region.
Assad’s turmoil was supposed [...]
- Compensation Hard to Ensure
- West Papuans Turn to Africa for Support in Freedom Bid
- “Together, Civil Society Has Power”
- Opinion: Illicit Financial Flows
- World Farmers’ Organisation Meeting Eyes New Markets, Fresh Investment
- Can the UN Security Council Stop Hospitals Being Targets in War?
- A long, Insulting Walk to Justice for Rape Victims in Bangladesh
- El Nino-Induced Drought in Zimbabwe
- Violence Against Women Journalists Threatens Media Freedom
- UN Predicts 40 Percent Water Shortfall by 2030