via IPS News
With President Barack Obama winning re-election, foreign policy analysts here are pondering whether his victory will translate into major changes from the rather cautious approach he followed overseas in his first term.
For now, speculation is focused primarily on the Middle East, the region that has dominated the international agenda [...]
via IPS News
With Barack Obama and Mitt Romney virtually tied with Election Day less than two weeks away, Muslim voters could play an unexpected critical role in deciding the outcome Nov. 6.
A poll of 500 registered Muslim voters released here Wednesday found that more than two-thirds (68 percent) currently plan to vote [...]
- New Anti-Terrorism Law Batters Cameroonians Seeking Secession
- Swelling Ethiopian Migration Casts Doubt on its Economic Miracle
- Kenyan Pastoralists Protest Wanton Destruction of Indigenous Forest
- Push to Privatise Education in Global South Challenged
- U.N. Committee Gets ‘Unhindered Access’ to Azerbaijan’s Detention Centres – But Is it Enough?
- Media Watchdog Unveils Top Ten Worst Censors
- Planned Mega-Port in Brazil Threatens Rich Ecological Region
- Corruption in Southeast Asia Said to Threaten Economic Integration
- Opinion: To Solve Hunger, Start with Soil
- Opinion: Burundi – Fragile Peace at Risk Ahead of Elections