by Mitchell Plitnick
via IPS News
The optimism expressed by U.S. President Barack Obama and newly confirmed Secretary of State John Kerry about restarting the peace process between Israel and the Palestinians has been met with scepticism from many seasoned Middle East experts.
At his confirmation hearing, Kerry told the assembled Senate, [...]
via Lobe Log
by Mitchell Plitnick
The Israeli elections ushered in a record number of new Knesset members, yet the prospects for resolving Israel’s 45-year old occupation of Palestinian land are as dim as ever, maybe even more so. Here in the United States, some noises are being made about trying to renew the [...]
By Nadia Hijab
via al Shabaka
Whenever Middle East tensions rise, observers wonder whether the Camp David accords between Israel and Egypt will weather the storm. It is no different this time. Asked at last Friday’s daily briefing if the peace treaty was “in jeopardy”, State Department spokesperson Victoria Nuland, assured correspondents that the [...]
Editorial in today’s print edition (subsequently amended but still heavy with insinuations) of the Wall Street Journal:
In terms of leaping to Islamophobic conclusions, this must rank right up there with the smug certainty with which The Investigative Project’s Steven Emerson claimed on CBS News the afternoon of the 1995 Oklahoma [...]
This article originally appeared on AlterNet.
The group’s latest salvo is an hour-long documentary called “Iranium”, which more or less gives airtime to a gaggle of neoconservatives and their [...]
The showing of the movie in the Rayburn House Office Building will be hosted by the Republican Jewish Coalition (RJC) and a right-wing D.C. [...]
- European Residents Offer Support, Homes to Refugees
- Europe Invaded Mostly by “Regime Change” Refugees
- Italy Joins Internet Rights ‘Club’
- Opinion: Can Nuclear War be Avoided?
- Sustainable Settlements to Combat Urban Slums in Africa
- Two Indigenous Solar Engineers Changed Their Village in Chile
- Killing of Aid Workers Threatens Humanitarian Response in Yemen
- Opinion: Women in the Face of Climate Change
- Who Will Pay the Price for Australia’s Climate Change Policies?
- Urban Farming Mushrooms in Africa Amid Food Deficits