The State Department seems to have taken to heart a recent criticism that was delivered sharply by a questioner in the daily press briefing. Addressing State’s proactive stance on Iran, which was compared to being publicly behind the curve on Egypt, an unnamed reporter asked, “what about other countries – Bahrain, Yemen, [...]
Yesterday, State Department Spokesperson P.J. Crowley made a few comments about Iran in his daily press briefing. The Assistant Secretary confirmed that, as LobeLog reported yesterday, State has commenced tweeting in Farsi.
Full Iran-related sections of both his prepared statement and the Q & A are below, but a few things are worth pulling [...]
This is pretty rich. Iran, a country under economic sanctions by international bodies, the West, and, particularly, the U.S., has reportedly been stymying gas trucks crossing its border into war-ravaged Afghanistan. That country, of course, is consumed at the moment by a war between insurgents and an army from the West (NATO) and, [...]
The exact cause of a plane crash in Iran that reportedly left more than 70 people dead remains unknown as of Sunday afternoon. There was apparently bad weather in the area, and the snow impeded rescue efforts.
But one thing that is well known is that, generally speaking, Iranian commercial passenger airliners are in [...]
The U.S.-led sanctions effort against Iran is indeed ‘biting.’ But rather than only eat away at the plates of those the sanction’s target, the program is also ‘biting’ lots of everyday Iranians.
Despite a long-held policy of going after regime figures and their associations — and not “Jamshid Average” — the Washington Post reports [...]
- Rethink Food Security and Nutrition Following Covid-19 Pandemic
- Why Accelerating Implementation of AfCFTA Must Remain a Top Priority
- Nuclear Testing, Never Again
- Cover-up at the UN: You Scratch My Back & I’ll Scratch Yours
- Sustainable Tourism and Fisheries Key to Growth in Post-COVID Pacific
- The Goan Village Women Helping Mitigate Plastic Pollution by Making Eco-friendly Sanitary Pads
- ”Murder Most Foul” – the Death of Olof Palme
- India’s Test along the Line of Actual Control
- Are We Going from San Francisco?
- White House Fenced In: Trump, Within, Ploughs a Lonely Furrow