via Lobe Log
The University of Pennsylvania’s Iran Media Project and ASL 19, a Canadian non-profit working against censorship in Iran, explain how sanctions are increasing the Iranian government’s censorship capabilities:
It is increasingly difficult for independent publishers of books and print newspapers in Iran: The problem this time is not strict censorship, [...]
via Lobe Log
In a new report for the Oxford Research Group (first excerpted at PBS’s Tehran Bureau) author Eskandar Sadeghi-Boroujerdi explains why sanctions without compromise won’t change Iran’s hardline leaders’ stance on the nuclear program:
The key dilemma which Western policymakers should consider is that, rightly or wrongly, the [...]
The article is a look into the possible reasons that Israel has pushed back the nuclear timeline for Iran. I quote Tony Karon at length (which appears at TB) and list my own thoughts (some via Jim):
That notion — [...]
There’s been a little bit of a sideshow setting up this year’s CPAC confab.
Arch-Islamophobe Frank Gaffney was booted from the Conservative Political Action Conference agenda. At Religion Dispatches, Sarah Posner spoke with Suhail Khan, a Muslim conservative and board member of the group that hosts the annual CPAC, who said:
“Frank has been [...]
In January, Iran and the P5+1 countries, which includes the United States, will sit down in Istanbul for the second of the latest iteration of talks between the West and the Islamic Republic over the latter’s nuclear program.
At PBS/Frontline‘s Tehran Bureau, I laid out what I think is a pretty compelling case that the [...]
- Pakistan and the World Need Inclusive Conflict Prevention
- Balancing Trade Wars
- Even Rocks Harvest Water in Brazil’s Semi-Arid Northeast
- “The Sustainable Bioeconomy, a Path Towards Post-Extractivism”
- Support of Influential World Leaders Not Enough to End Rohingya Crisis
- Blockchain can solve third world problems but who will bell the cat?
- How Prison Conditions Fuel the Tuberculosis Epidemic
- Dubai invests AED500 million in energy efficiency
- Chinese President arrives in UAE
- India Fast Becoming a Pillar of Global Growth & Stability