by Eldar Mamedov
While the world watched in horror as jihadist extremists from the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) seized the Iraqi city of Mosul, some members of the European Parliament (MEPs) claimed that these actions were not carried out by ISIS, but were “part of a popular [...]
via Lobe Log
By Leila Kashefi
As everyone knows, since the revolution of 1979, the United States and the government of the Islamic Republic of Iran (IRI) have been BEFs — best enemies forever. While the US occasionally offers its solidarity to the people of Iran and criticizes the regime’s human rights record, its [...]
via Lobe Log
Jim Lobe and I wrote a report yesterday for IPS News about the expected US decision to delist the Mujahedeen-e-Khalq (aka MEK, PMOI and NCRI) from its foreign terrorist organizations (FTO) list. Most analysts we interviewed predicted that the removal would only worsen already abysmal relations with Iran and possibly make [...]
- Jordan’s LGBT Community Fears Greater Intolerance
- New Technology Boosts Fisherfolk Security
- Europe’s Two-Time Turnabout on Syria/Iraq
- Will Climate Change Denialism Help the Russian Economy?
- Ban on Nuke Tests OK, But Where’s the Ban on Nuke Weapons?
- Growing Calls for Reforms of El Salvador’s Privatised Pension System
- SDGs Make Room for Education for Global Citizenship
- Africa-U.S. Summit – Catching Up With China?
- The Age of Survival Migration
- OPINION: Why Kazakhstan Dismantled its Nuclear Arsenal