by Eldar Mamedov
While the world watched in horror as jihadist extremists from the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) seized the Iraqi city of Mosul, some members of the European Parliament (MEPs) claimed that these actions were not carried out by ISIS, but were “part of a popular [...]
via Lobe Log
By Leila Kashefi
As everyone knows, since the revolution of 1979, the United States and the government of the Islamic Republic of Iran (IRI) have been BEFs — best enemies forever. While the US occasionally offers its solidarity to the people of Iran and criticizes the regime’s human rights record, its [...]
via Lobe Log
Jim Lobe and I wrote a report yesterday for IPS News about the expected US decision to delist the Mujahedeen-e-Khalq (aka MEK, PMOI and NCRI) from its foreign terrorist organizations (FTO) list. Most analysts we interviewed predicted that the removal would only worsen already abysmal relations with Iran and possibly make [...]
- The Brexit Shock – Now All Is Up in the Air!
- Brex’it, So Be’it; And Then What?
- Making Sustainability Part of the Corporate DNA
- Brexit and EUexit
- Can Better Technology Lure Asia’s Youth Back to Farming?
- Least Developed Countries’ Vulnerabilities Make Graduation Difficult
- To Be Fixed, Europe Needs a Wrecking Ball
- Cotton Crisis
- Islamists and Secularists Adjust to Work Together
- Women’s Health Takes Center Stage at UN Population Awards