by Mark N. Katz What a difference a few months make. During much of 2014, Russian President Vladimir Putin was riding high. Russia seized Crimea from Ukraine quickly and relatively bloodlessly. Putin was also able to help pro-Russian forces in eastern Ukraine effectively secede from the rest of the country and prevent the Ukrainian government
via Lobe Log
During his first Press Conference today following his successful second-term campaign, President Barak Obama emphasized that the United States wants to peacefully resolve the tense dispute over the Islamic Republic’s controversial nuclear program (the US is reportedly considering a more-for-more negotiating strategy) but denied that talks are “imminent”. Importantly, he didn’t reject [...]
via Lobe Log
Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta’s trip to the Middle East last week included reassuring Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, in person, that the U.S. was committed to preventing Iran from obtaining a nuclear weapon — the U.S.’s “red line” on Iran. Panetta reiterated the U.S.’s position, essentially point by point, at [...]
- Civil Society Under Serious Attack
- Journalists Face Unprecedented Violence
- Little England
- Toward a More Reflective Planet
- From Grexit to Brexit: Eurosceptics Claim their -Exit
- Will Brexit Have Political Ramifications at UN?
- Brexit – Perceptions and Repercussions in the Americas
- Women’s Cooperatives Ease Burden of HIV in Kenya
- The Brexit Shock – Now All Is Up in the Air!
- Brex’it, So Be’it; And Then What?