by Mark N. Katz What a difference a few months make. During much of 2014, Russian President Vladimir Putin was riding high. Russia seized Crimea from Ukraine quickly and relatively bloodlessly. Putin was also able to help pro-Russian forces in eastern Ukraine effectively secede from the rest of the country and prevent the Ukrainian government
via Lobe Log
During his first Press Conference today following his successful second-term campaign, President Barak Obama emphasized that the United States wants to peacefully resolve the tense dispute over the Islamic Republic’s controversial nuclear program (the US is reportedly considering a more-for-more negotiating strategy) but denied that talks are “imminent”. Importantly, he didn’t reject [...]
via Lobe Log
Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta’s trip to the Middle East last week included reassuring Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, in person, that the U.S. was committed to preventing Iran from obtaining a nuclear weapon — the U.S.’s “red line” on Iran. Panetta reiterated the U.S.’s position, essentially point by point, at [...]
- High and Dry: Can We Fix the World’s Water Crisis?
- Balancing Green & Grey this World Water Day
- How Nature Can Quench Our Thirst & Bring Water Back to Our Ecosystems
- ILO Fails to Cut Ties with Tobacco Industry – Yet Again
- Achieving Universal Access to Water and Sanitation
- LDC GRADUATION: What it means for Bangladesh
- A Breath of Fresh Air in India
- Time to Resolve a Cursed Old Water Problem
- Map of Human Migration
- Will the Next War Be About Water?