via Lobe Log
During his first Press Conference today following his successful second-term campaign, President Barak Obama emphasized that the United States wants to peacefully resolve the tense dispute over the Islamic Republic’s controversial nuclear program (the US is reportedly considering a more-for-more negotiating strategy) but denied that talks are “imminent”. Importantly, he didn’t reject [...]
via Lobe Log
Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta’s trip to the Middle East last week included reassuring Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, in person, that the U.S. was committed to preventing Iran from obtaining a nuclear weapon — the U.S.’s “red line” on Iran. Panetta reiterated the U.S.’s position, essentially point by point, at [...]
- OPINION: Africans’ Land Rights at Risk as New Agricultural Trend Sweeps Continent
- Struggling to Find Water in the Vast Pacific
- Arab Region Has World’s Fastest Growing HIV Epidemic
- Jordan’s LGBT Community Fears Greater Intolerance
- U.N. Chief Applauds AoC For Building Bridges to Peace
- New Technology Boosts Fisherfolk Security
- Europe’s Two-Time Turnabout on Syria/Iraq
- Will Climate Change Denialism Help the Russian Economy?
- Ban on Nuke Tests OK, But Where’s the Ban on Nuke Weapons?
- Growing Calls for Reforms of El Salvador’s Privatised Pension System