by Ali Reza Eshraghi
Following the phone conversation between Presidents Barack Obama and Hassan Rouhani, the atmosphere in Iran has taken a happier turn while remaining surprisingly calm. Contrary to predictions made over the past week and during Rouhani’s trip to the UN, it appears the Iranian president has little problem in [...]
via Lobe Log
by Farideh Farhi
This Washington Post article about Iran and Hezbollah building networks in Syria in the event of Bashar al-Assad’s fall is certainly eye-catching. It’s also suggestive of Iranian shrewdness in trying to make the best out of every situation they face in the region.
Assad’s turmoil was supposed [...]
- UN Negotiations Focus on What Lies Beneath the High Seas
- Perez-Guerrero Trust Fund Finances 278 Projects in Developing Nations
- Migrant Labour Fuels Tensions in Mauritius
- The tragedy in Yemen
- UN Chief Laments Nuclear Dead End
- Can the Middle East Make Economic and Social Progress?
- High poverty levels
- Drought Deals Harsh Blow to Cameroon’s Cocoa Farmers
- Myanmar Turns to Kofi Annan for Help on Festering Rohingya Crisis
- Addressing the Dangers of Freelance Journalism