by Ali Reza Eshraghi
Following the phone conversation between Presidents Barack Obama and Hassan Rouhani, the atmosphere in Iran has taken a happier turn while remaining surprisingly calm. Contrary to predictions made over the past week and during Rouhani’s trip to the UN, it appears the Iranian president has little problem in [...]
via Lobe Log
by Farideh Farhi
This Washington Post article about Iran and Hezbollah building networks in Syria in the event of Bashar al-Assad’s fall is certainly eye-catching. It’s also suggestive of Iranian shrewdness in trying to make the best out of every situation they face in the region.
Assad’s turmoil was supposed [...]
- Outgunned by Rich Polluters, Africa to Bring United Front to Climate Talks
- OPINION: Tackling the Proliferation of Patents to Avoid Limitations to Competition
- Blistering Drought Leaves the Poorest High and Dry
- ‘Youth Exodus’ Reveals Lack of Opportunities
- Militarising the Ebola Crisis
- Arms Trade Treaty Gains Momentum with 50th Ratification
- Iraq Looking for an ‘Independent’ Sunni Defense Minister
- Zero Nuclear Weapons: A Never-Ending Journey Ahead
- Championing Ocean Conservation Or Paying Lip Service to the Seas?
- Cuba’s Sugar Industry to Use Bagasse for Bioenergy