via Lobe Log
by Robert E. Hunter
To say that President Barack Obama’s visit this spring to Israel, the West Bank and Jordan is the proverbial gamble is an understatement. He may end up (rightly) congratulating himself on his wisdom and courage in taking this step and doing so at this time — and [...]
The anticipated meeting of the Middle East Quartet (the United States, Russian Federation, United Nations and European Union) took place Monday. The result was what has become pretty standard for Israeli-Palestinian diplomacy and peacemaking: nothing.
The Quartet is incapable of doing anything unless the US can do something, and the US refuses to take [...]
- Outgunned by Rich Polluters, Africa to Bring United Front to Climate Talks
- OPINION: Tackling the Proliferation of Patents to Avoid Limitations to Competition
- Blistering Drought Leaves the Poorest High and Dry
- ‘Youth Exodus’ Reveals Lack of Opportunities
- Militarising the Ebola Crisis
- Arms Trade Treaty Gains Momentum with 50th Ratification
- Iraq Looking for an ‘Independent’ Sunni Defense Minister
- Zero Nuclear Weapons: A Never-Ending Journey Ahead
- Championing Ocean Conservation Or Paying Lip Service to the Seas?
- Cuba’s Sugar Industry to Use Bagasse for Bioenergy