via Lobe Log
by Robert E. Hunter
To say that President Barack Obama’s visit this spring to Israel, the West Bank and Jordan is the proverbial gamble is an understatement. He may end up (rightly) congratulating himself on his wisdom and courage in taking this step and doing so at this time — and [...]
The anticipated meeting of the Middle East Quartet (the United States, Russian Federation, United Nations and European Union) took place Monday. The result was what has become pretty standard for Israeli-Palestinian diplomacy and peacemaking: nothing.
The Quartet is incapable of doing anything unless the US can do something, and the US refuses to take [...]
- Bill to Fight Discrimination Against HIV-Positive Venezuelans
- Is Europe’s Breadbasket Up for Grabs?
- Israel Lobby Galvanises Support for Gaza War
- Oil Alliance Between China and Costa Rica Comes to Life Again
- Ticking Diplomatic Clock a Cover for Israeli Assaults on Gaza
- Under Water: The EPA’s Struggle to Combat Pollution
- OPINION: How to End the Gaza War
- Gas and Sun Light the Way for Energy Industry in El Salvador
- Somali Refugees Find an Unlikely Home … In Istanbul
- Trade Facilitation Will Support African Industrialisation