via Lobe Log
by Robert E. Hunter
To say that President Barack Obama’s visit this spring to Israel, the West Bank and Jordan is the proverbial gamble is an understatement. He may end up (rightly) congratulating himself on his wisdom and courage in taking this step and doing so at this time — and [...]
The anticipated meeting of the Middle East Quartet (the United States, Russian Federation, United Nations and European Union) took place Monday. The result was what has become pretty standard for Israeli-Palestinian diplomacy and peacemaking: nothing.
The Quartet is incapable of doing anything unless the US can do something, and the US refuses to take [...]
- Fighting Oppression in Iran, One App at a Time
- Lebanon Joins Jordan and Tunisia in Fight Against Rapists Impunity
- Disaster Strikes Freetown – over 400 Dead and 600 Still Missing
- 2017 World Water Week: ‘Water and Waste: Reduce and Reuse’
- Jordan Abolishes Law Allowing Rapists to Avoid Prosecution
- Quantitative Easing for Wealth Redistribution
- Buffalo Revive Local Economy in Remote Bay of Bengal Islands
- Who is Latin America and the Caribbean leaving behind?
- Internet Shutdowns in Africa Stifling Press Freedom
- Union Conflict Rages on in South Africa