via IPS News
WASHINGTON, Dec 6 2012 (IPS) - Increasingly distressed over the possible consequences of Israel’s recent steps to punish the Palestinian Authority (PA) and consolidate its hold on the West Bank, a number of prominent voices here are urging President Barack Obama to exert real pressure on Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu [...]
Reposted by arrangement with Tom Dispatch
The Saved and the Sacked
Is it too soon to speak of the Bush-Obama presidency?
The record shows impressive continuities between the two administrations, and nowhere more than in the policy of “force projection” in the Arab world. With one war half-ended [...]
- CEOs at Big U.S. Companies Paid 331 Times Average Worker
- U.N. Visa Denials Appendage of U.S. Foreign Policy
- Court Upholds Most of U.S. “Conflict Minerals” Law
- Côte d’Ivoire’s Tech Solutions to Local Problems
- Uzbekistan’s Dying Aral Sea Resurrected as Tourist Attraction
- OP-ED: Egyptian-Saudi Coalition in Defence of Autocracy
- Is Puerto Rico Going the Way of Greece and Detroit?
- Conflict Fuels Child Labour in India
- Russians Blend Loyalty to Nazarbayev with Pro-Kremlin Sentiments
- Valparaíso Blaze Highlights the City’s Poverty