via IPS News
WASHINGTON, Dec 6 2012 (IPS) - Increasingly distressed over the possible consequences of Israel’s recent steps to punish the Palestinian Authority (PA) and consolidate its hold on the West Bank, a number of prominent voices here are urging President Barack Obama to exert real pressure on Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu [...]
Reposted by arrangement with Tom Dispatch
The Saved and the Sacked
Is it too soon to speak of the Bush-Obama presidency?
The record shows impressive continuities between the two administrations, and nowhere more than in the policy of “force projection” in the Arab world. With one war half-ended [...]
- FAO, WFP reaffirm their commitment to working for Zero Hunger in the Middle East
- One of the World’s Most Dangerous PIaces For Aid Workers
- An Inequality Beyond Wealth: Gaps in Women’s Health
- US Withdrawal from UNESCO: Abandonment of Principles
- To Eliminate Poverty, Better Understanding Needed
- What Do You Really Eat When You Order a Steak, Fish or Chicken Filet?
- Argentina’s Biodiesel Plagued by Commercial and Environmental Challenges
- UN Principals call for solidarity with Rohingya refugees
- Ending Poverty in Next 13 years Means Boosting Resilience Now
- Press Freedom Groups Condemn U.S. Withdrawal from UNESCO