By Katie Taft
Among a sea of more than 3,000 journalists clacking away at keyboards in the media centre at the Rio+20 conference, Zofeen Ebrahim desperately searched for an adapter for her computer. Having arrived in Rio de Janeiro just 12 hours earlier, Ebrahim bubbled with nervous energy, or perhaps jetlag.
- $1.7 Trillion Global Spending on Military in 2017: Highest since End of Cold War
- “See a child begging? Call the police!” UN Migration Agency Calls on Ukrainians to Fight Child Exploitation
- Swedish PM ahead of the ILO Conference: It’s not arm wrestling
- Media Watchdogs Fear a Chill in Slovakia
- “Cultural Diversity Is the Greatest Strength of Humanity,” Says the Chairman of the Geneva Centre
- Upholding International Law in the Context of International Peace & Security
- Can Preventive Diplomacy Avert Military Conflicts?
- Agricultural Trade Liberalization Undermined Food Security
- World Green Economy Summit to kick off in October in Dubai
- UNHCR launches global #HandinHand campaign