by Jasmin Ramsey
via IPS News
Increasing U.S.-Iran cultural exchanges could lay the groundwork for better relations between the two countries, believes a prominent think tank here, despite the prevalence of stereotypical memes of the United States as the “Great Satan” and Iran as part of the [...]
via Lobe Log
MARK PERRY, MIDDLE EAST EXPERT: I would have said six hours ago if you had asked me that I [...]
Goldberg is indignant that Aslan suggests, based on revelations about Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad in WikiLeaks cables, that the boisterous president may not be as evil as many commentators in the West — particularly pundits, [...]
Author Hooman Majd did a web chat with scholar Reza Aslan on the latter’s website. They’re discussing Majd’s lastest book, The Ayatollah’s Democracy: An Iranian Challenge. I’m reading it right now. You should be, too.
Incredibly well connected in Iran, Majd is one of the country’s most astute analysts and a great story [...]
News and views relevant to U.S.-Iran relations for October 11th, 2010.
The Washington Post: In an editorial, WaPo’s Jackson Diehl writes the Obama administration’s foreign policy strategy is marked by public and highly choreographed “process” and timelines. On Iran, Diehl points to the administration’s statement last spring that Iran was two to five [...]
News and views relevant to U.S.-Iran relations for September 3, 2010.
The Wall Street Journal: Sen. Scott Brown (R-MA), who made his first trip to the Middle East last month, applauds the talks between Mahmoud Abbas and Benjamin Netanyahu but warns that “[t]here can never be peace in the Middle East with a nuclear-armed [...]
- Elimination of Leprosy
- COVID-19 – UN Urges World Leaders to Act Now to Avert ‘Unimaginable Devastation’
- An Appeal to UN’s Budget Committee: It’s no Time to Cut Back on Child Protection
- COVID19 and Its Impact on Pacific Island States
- Reproductive Rights of Women and Girls Under Lockdown
- Triple Emergencies of COVID-19, Flooding & Locusts Makes Somalia Susceptible to Human Trafficking
- IITA banana research paper in Wiley’s Plant Pathology journal among the most downloaded
- Memo from a Multi-Millionaire: Covid-19 Proves Business Case for Taxing the Rich
- LIVE STREAM: Former Norwegian Prime Minister Brundtland on Pandemic Leadership
- How a Post-COVID-19 Revival Could Kickstart Africa’s Free Trade Area