by Jim Lobe
via IPS News
While some kind of U.S. military action against Syria in the coming days appears increasingly inevitable, the debate over the why and how of such an attack has grown white hot here.
On one side, hawks, who span the political spectrum, argue that President Barack Obama’s credibility [...]
via Lobe Log
“President Obama and the bipartisan, bicameral congressional leadership, have deepened America’s support for Israel in difficult times”: In what multiple outlets have deemed a “rare” statement, the American Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC) issued a press release on Sunday praising the Obama Administration – as well as both Congressional Republicans [...]
By Reza Sanati
Just as the fall of Kabul and Baghdad ignited a spate of jubilation and self-vindication from proponents of intervention in those countries, the fall of Tripoli has reincarnated this pattern, both from humanitarian interventionists and their U.S.-interest minded counterparts. And now that the Qaddafi regime has completely eroded, even skeptics [...]
While most other news has been justifiably overshadowed by the rapidly developing events in Egypt, a report on a discussion at the World Economic Forum in Davos is worth calling attention to.
A panel, which included “card carrying realist” (although I challenge that label) Richard Haass, who currently serves as president of the Council [...]
News and views relevant to U.S.-Iran relations for September 8.
Wall Street Journal: The neoconservative editorial board of the Wall Street Journal is ready to declare International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) inspections of Iran’s nuclear program and sanctions against Iran a failure. Riffing about the latest IAEA report that Iran is limiting the [...]
- Nature Losses Threaten Emerging Economies
- When UN’s Cash Crisis Undermines Human Rights, Are the World’s Torturers the Key Beneficiaries?
- At the International Summit on Balanced & Inclusive Education: A Call to Transform Globally
- Experts laud International Court of Justice Order on Myanmar to Halt all Genocidal Conduct
- Am I Abused or Am I a Failure to Adjust? – A Migrant’s Story
- Top UN Court Orders Myanmar to Protect Rohingya from Genocide
- Blue Innovation in the Commonwealth
- Leprosy Re-emerges as a Global Health Challenge
- Tipping Point on Menstrual Banishment in Nepal
- UN Plans to Launch a “Decade of Action” to Deliver Development Goals by 2030