By Katie Taft
Among a sea of more than 3,000 journalists clacking away at keyboards in the media centre at the Rio+20 conference, Zofeen Ebrahim desperately searched for an adapter for her computer. Having arrived in Rio de Janeiro just 12 hours earlier, Ebrahim bubbled with nervous energy, or perhaps jetlag.
- “Outsiders” in Focus at French Film Fest
- Shipping and Industry Threaten Famed Home of the Bengal Tiger
- Grass Planting Reduces Soil Erosion, Risk of Landslides in Rohingya Refugee Camps
- “What do you Become When you Shoot to Kill Someone who is Unarmed, & not an Immediate Threat to You?”
- Indigenous Peoples Recover Native Languages in Mexico
- Will Climate Change Cause More Migrants than Wars?
- Leveraging Climate Finance in Africa
- Africa Gains Momentum in Green Climate Solutions
- ICBA scientists start growing halophytic vegetables in UAE
- Growth in global economy exceeds expectations, but increased risks could threaten economic outlook, UN report says