by Jasmin Ramsey
“He may be the only person in the world who can telephone both Senator Dianne Feinsten and the Hezbollah Chief Hassan Nasrallah,” writes the veteran U.S. foreign affairs journalist Robin Wright about Iran’s famous foreign minister.
via Lobe Log
Further to Jim’s post on Secretary of State Hillary Clinton’s explicit statement on Friday that Washington wants bilateral talks with Iran, are similar comments she made on Nov. 30 at the Foreign Policy Group’s “Transformational Trends 2013″ Forum:
QUESTION: Robin Wright.
SECRETARY CLINTON: Hi, Robin.
QUESTION: I want to ask you [...]
- Freedom of the Press Faces Judicial Harassment in Brazil
- Privatization the Problem, Rarely the Solution
- The New Urban Agenda: What Our Cities Can Be
- Freedom for National Good
- Changing Climate Threatens World’s Smallholder Farmers
- Water Bodies Central to Urban Flood Planning
- U.N. Urban Summit Gives Rise to a Mixture of Optimism and Criticism
- Reimagining South Asia in 2030
- Big Powers Set to Grab High Level UN Posts
- Q&A: Land Degradation Could Force 135 Million to Migrate in Next 30 Years