Ali Asghar Soltanieh, Iran’s envoy to the United Nations’s nuclear watchdog, the International Atomic Energy Agency, told a press conference that an Iranian nuclear bomb would be a “strategic mistake” and create a “disadvantageous situation” for Iran.
Many Western governments insist that Iran’s nuclear program is aimed at creating weapons, a charge Iran denies. The accusation [...]
W. Scott Harrop has an interesting piece on the Iranian Review of Foreign Affairs. In “Obama’s Iran Policy: Mutual Respect Matters,” (pdf), he traces President Barack Obama’s rhetoric about mutual respect with Iran, starting from the campaign, through the famous Norouz message, and up to the present.
Harrop, a faculty expert on Iran at [...]
- Corruption: The Most Perpetrated –and Least Prosecuted– Crime – Part I
- Volunteerism: Path to Achieve UN’s Agenda 2030
- Battling the Twin Challenge of HIV and Cervical Cancer
- Iconic Atlantic Bluefin Tuna in Less Troubled Waters
- Rich Nations Doubly Responsible for Greenhouse Gas Emissions
- An Ineffective Mexico, in the Face of Maritime Pollution
- The Decline and Fall of Democracy Worldwide
- IMF Led Privatization, Land and Resource Grab in Sri Lanka
- Excessive & Unfair Criticism of Human Rights Violations in Qatar
- India’s Extensive Railways Often Conduit for Child Trafficking